No announcement yet.

Should Pulev keep sitting around?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoan View Post
    He should man up and take the KO from David that David has been itching to give him.
    Sure, Skittlez, sure

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      It's always better to be active from fans' point of view.

But then you get all the negativity for Wlad fighting likes of Pianeta and not waiting for Povetkin in the meantime, so yeah, I guess - double standards.
      Oh please....he was the one who requested the extension, Povetkin is waiting for him but in any event he didn't have to choose to fight Pianeta.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Oh please....he was the one who requested the extension, Povetkin is waiting for him but in any event he didn't have to choose to fight Pianeta.
        What's wrong with requesting a voluntary when Povetkin negotiations are dragging on? The point is, Wlad chooses to stay active instead, and he should be applauded for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          What's wrong with requesting a voluntary when Povetkin negotiations are dragging on? The point is, Wlad chooses to stay active instead, and he should be applauded for doing so.
          Active to me is fighting 4 times a year like Donaire. Gennady Golovkin will have 3 fights done by the end of June.

That's active and against that level of activity you can put up with one Pianeta level of opponent but how many times is Wlad going to fight this year? twice? there's no excuse for fighting a no-hoper.

Comment

NO fighter should ever sit around

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Active to me is fighting 4 times a year like Donaire. Gennady Golovkin will have 3 fights done by the end of June.

That's active and against that level of activity you can put up with one Pianeta level of opponent but how many times is Wlad going to fight this year? twice? there's no excuse for fighting a no-hoper.
              Wlad wants to fight three times per year. For his upcoming fight, no one was able or willing to step up, so he had to choose what he could, when he wants to stay active. Pianeta is fine as a stay busy when there's nobody else around.

Comment

Wlad wants to fight three times per year. For his upcoming fight, no one was able or willing to step up, so he had to choose what he could, when he wants to stay active. Pianeta is fine as a stay busy when there's nobody else around.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                  He should stay active. Pulev is a good fighter but he doesn't stand a chance against Wladimir.

I'm a huge Wladimir fan but I'm half and half on his fight with Pianeta. I don't mind the fight taking place but then I also do mind it.

I don't blame him for raping another undefeated opponent but when the said fighter is another limited guy in Francesco who comes after another limited plodder like Wach.. Frustrating being a Wladimir fan.

Still, he's drawing huge crowds and making money. I think we'd all do the same thing.. still frustrating though.
                  Very fair and accurate post.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    It's always better to be active from fans' point of view.

But then you get all the negativity for Wlad fighting likes of Pianeta and not waiting for Povetkin in the meantime, so yeah, I guess - double standards.
                    How dense do you have to be to not see the difference between a champion with 62 fights who just fought a few months ago fighting a guy who's never beat a top ten fighter and was let go as a sparring partner and a guy with 17 fights needing to gain experience against top flight comp to gain experience? Fighting a rejecting sparring partner does nothing for Wlad. Fighting another top fighter is nothing but beneficial for Pulev. Kind of sad you're unable to see the difference.

Comment

He wasn't good enough to stay in camp as a sparring partner, how is he good enough to keep Wlad sharp fighting for the heavyweight championship?

Comment

Working...
                      X