No announcement yet.

Here's an idea for May 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an idea for May 5

A Golden Boy double header. Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero and Saul Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto.

Boom.

Seriously, it's a tragedy that fighters earn so much nowadays that this would never happen. This would surely be the biggest grossing PPV ever, but there still wouldn't be enough money in the pot to pay these four (less so Guerrero) what they would expect.

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
    A Golden Boy double header. Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero and Saul Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto.

Boom.

Seriously, it's a tragedy that fighters earn so much nowadays that this would never happen. This would surely be the biggest grossing PPV ever, but there still wouldn't be enough money in the pot to pay these four (less so Guerrero) what they would expect.
    would make sense and it sets up a nov floyd/canelo fight should they win. the only problem is it means there is no way floyd/pac or floyd/sergio happens next year which is what most fans want to see.

Comment

If this was UFC where the main even fighter gets $2million tops, and the rest get 6-digit paydays then yeah that would be a great idea.

Comment

The answer is easy, winner of Mayweather vs Robert gets lions share of next pay-per-view where they face winner of Canelo/Cotto. I think this would be a fair arrangement since Robert would take the smallest cut of May 5th pie. Plus this would definitely be a $70 pay-per-view and still break all records.

Comment

No way are Golden Boy going to waste all that star power in one card.

Comment

Each fight is a draw on its on and a main event bringing in more money for everyone...

Here's an idea.. Focus on boxing more on less on pitching business ideas.. Boom

Comment

There is only one Cinco de Mayo per year, and GBP would raise the bar! Besides how often is it that 2 bouts of this kind are possible with the Top Rank/GBP feud? I know it's unlikely but boxing fans are allowed to dream. I for one buy this pay-per-view over today's Floyd vs Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                No way are Golden Boy going to waste all that star power in one card.
                That's true. It's to bad because it would be a good card. I think both fights would be somewhat one sided KOs with Floyd being to strong, fast and skillful for Guerrero and Canelo being to big, fast and hard hitting for Cotto but I'd like to see the fights to see if I am correct about how they would go.

Comment

Working...
                X