Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody stopping Keith "One Time" Thurman!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    To me Thurman is capable of Ko'ing anyone at 147.
    He is more of a clubbing puncher, and all punchers run into guys they hit with their best shot and nothing happens. Then he will have to improvise. He does nothing special, just overall good. First he has to get by Diego Chaves who is also unbeaten with an over 80% KO record himself. His KO% like almost all fighters, drops as he fights better comp.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
      I actually have Diego Chaves beatin Thurman by KO
      I think it's going to be a REALLY good fight.

But I'd put all my points on Thurman.

Keith has fought much better opposition than Diego Chaves.
      Last edited by KayDub; 04-20-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Very overrated kid and very green still. I don't know how good he can get but I think people are enamored by his power and think that's all there is to boxing.

He isn't that good. He's a good young prospect but he's been pushed along on the national stage very fast.

I agree. I think hes very raw & very overrated. The boxing public are suckers for punchers. Everytime a puncher comes along hes hailed on here as the next big thing.

Zaveck has never really been anything but a tough, rather undersized Euro level guy. I felt Zaveck looked faded more than anything else.

All I see in Thurman is a less skilled Mike Jones.

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is with this guy yet, he looks too wide open for me and he seem to just rely on his power, we shall see anyway when he steps up.

Comment

People are really underrating Keith Thurman.. as usual in this forum all I see is people downgrading someone that actually can box. Now his last fight wasn't one of his best performances, I was surprised that I didn't see him using his awkward boxing like he did against his previous opposition. However, I remember he was saying something along the line that he needs to get people to recognize him a lot more which may indicate that he is focusing on his power more, his trainer need to let him still develop his natural awkward style he had fighting previous opposition, his boxing skill and timing was very good but his last fight he looked more stiff... hope he recognizes he doesn't have one punch knockout power but big pop that can find his shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
              People are really underrating Keith Thurman.. as usual in this forum all I see is people downgrading someone that actually can box. Now his last fight wasn't one of his best performances, I was surprised that I didn't see him using his awkward boxing like he did against his previous opposition. However, I remember he was saying something along the line that he needs to get people to recognize him a lot more which may indicate that he is focusing on his power more, his trainer need to let him still develop his natural awkward style he had fighting previous opposition, his boxing skill and timing was very good but his last fight he looked more stiff... hope he recognizes he doesn't have one punch knockout power but big pop that can find his shots.
              Exactly, they gonna learn to respect "One Times" power.

Comment

Devon beats Alexander, I know that. I don't know if Pacquiao could survive a hit from Keith I would love to see that fight, Mayweather beats him easy and I think Bradley would be close but i like Bradley.

Comment

It's not about Keith Thurman power but his awkward style and timing.. that's what got me into Keith Thurman. Also his outspokenness.. he wants to fight Mayweather and actually knows his boxing. He smashes pacquiao..

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
                    It's not about Keith Thurman power but his awkward style and timing.. that's what got me into Keith Thurman. Also his outspokenness.. he wants to fight Mayweather and actually knows his boxing. He smashes pacquiao..
                    He's REALLY good at timing his opponents and setting traps.

Comment

Working...
                    X