No announcement yet.

p90x

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p90x

hi what do u guys think about the p90x i got it downloading now thinking of starting it with my normal routine what do u think about it ?
    *eats cake*

I have a buddy who's 45 who did it. If you put the time in and eat right and really kill yourself on those workouts -- like he did -- the results are astonishing. He says he was drenched in sweat every day he did it, he was sore as hell, and he loved every minute of it.

The science is sound, but just watching the vids isn't enough. Obviously. Give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhead69 View Post
      hi what do u guys think about the p90x i got it downloading now thinking of starting it with my normal routine what do u think about it ?
      *eats cake*
      you won't be able to do ur normal routine after doing P90x unless u ara already in good shape

Comment

I use P90X for my ab routine and love it. Overall strength and endurance come with a strong core. But like fraidycat says, you gotta bust your ass, and stick to it.

Comment

I just got P90x. I plan to start it sometime this week. Will report back when I start it, if I remember.

Comment

I have seen it on tv and it looks pretty intense but I have not seen any of the exercise routines that it contains or anything. Post if it works well for you and post a typical workout.

Comment

I'm officially on day 13 of P90x. From my experience, so far, I would absolutely recommend this for anyone looking to get into better shape. I'm on my last week of the first phase of workouts now. Then will be 1 "recovery" week. Which looks to be a week of mainly cardio. I'll briefly discuss some of the workouts.

Chest and Back: Pretty intense. Several different variations of push ups, chin ups and pull ups. Good luck lifting your arms after this one.

Plyometrics: This is one of my favorites. It will REALLY push you to the limit. This is a boxing forum, so you guys obviously know about Plyo, and it's intensity.

Arms and Shoulders: Lots of weight exercises here. Curls, shoulder press, etc. More weight less reps for bulk, less weight more reps for lean. Pretty basic.

Yoga X: It is not, NOT possible for one human being to hate ANYTHING any more than I hate yoga. I would sooner run my head through a ****ing wall 1000 times, as to do 1 more minute of this ****. But I shall continue with it. Get ready to sweat, a lot. The human body isn't meant to do some of this ****. Most all of the videos are 1 hour long, but yoga is 90 minutes. 90 minutes of pure ****ing hell. How something can be so hard, yet so boring at the same time is beyond me.

Legs and Back: I enjoy this one, but I can't go into great detail about it, because I don't remember what most of the exercises are called, and can't be bothered to get up and go get the workout plan because I'm being lazy.

Kenpo X: Easily my favorite of the bunch so far. A lot of punching and kicking combinations. Really fun, and burns a **** ton of calories if you stick with it for the entire time.

Ab Ripper X: You do this every other day after your main workout. Only the days your working specific body parts. Never on cardio days. Example. Day 1: Chest and back, then Ab ripper. etc. This one is only 16 minutes long. That's because if it were any longer, they would have to make it some sort of felony torture. This **** is nuts. Crazy hard. It's non stop, no water break, nothing. That may not sound like much, but trust me, it absolutely is.

The nutrition plan is a little hard to go by, because of a ton of ingredients, etc, but it's easy to modify it to fit you, and your schedule. I'm 5'10, weighed in at 170 when I started, 2 weeks later down to 163.5. Nothing astounding, but it's doing the job. I can already see improvements in my abs,and arms especially.

I know I haven't really explained anything in great detail, just a little review, so I can answer more specific questions if anyone has any

Now I'm going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                I'm officially on day 13 of P90x. From my experience, so far, I would absolutely recommend this for anyone looking to get into better shape. I'm on my last week of the first phase of workouts now. Then will be 1 "recovery" week. Which looks to be a week of mainly cardio. I'll briefly discuss some of the workouts.

Chest and Back: Pretty intense. Several different variations of push ups, chin ups and pull ups. Good luck lifting your arms after this one.

Plyometrics: This is one of my favorites. It will REALLY push you to the limit. This is a boxing forum, so you guys obviously know about Plyo, and it's intensity.

Arms and Shoulders: Lots of weight exercises here. Curls, shoulder press, etc. More weight less reps for bulk, less weight more reps for lean. Pretty basic.

Yoga X: It is not, NOT possible for one human being to hate ANYTHING any more than I hate yoga. I would sooner run my head through a ****ing wall 1000 times, as to do 1 more minute of this ****. But I shall continue with it. Get ready to sweat, a lot. The human body isn't meant to do some of this ****. Most all of the videos are 1 hour long, but yoga is 90 minutes. 90 minutes of pure ****ing hell. How something can be so hard, yet so boring at the same time is beyond me.

Legs and Back: I enjoy this one, but I can't go into great detail about it, because I don't remember what most of the exercises are called, and can't be bothered to get up and go get the workout plan because I'm being lazy.

Kenpo X: Easily my favorite of the bunch so far. A lot of punching and kicking combinations. Really fun, and burns a **** ton of calories if you stick with it for the entire time.

Ab Ripper X: You do this every other day after your main workout. Only the days your working specific body parts. Never on cardio days. Example. Day 1: Chest and back, then Ab ripper. etc. This one is only 16 minutes long. That's because if it were any longer, they would have to make it some sort of felony torture. This **** is nuts. Crazy hard. It's non stop, no water break, nothing. That may not sound like much, but trust me, it absolutely is.

The nutrition plan is a little hard to go by, because of a ton of ingredients, etc, but it's easy to modify it to fit you, and your schedule. I'm 5'10, weighed in at 170 when I started, 2 weeks later down to 163.5. Nothing astounding, but it's doing the job. I can already see improvements in my abs,and arms especially.

I know I haven't really explained anything in great detail, just a little review, so I can answer more specific questions if anyone has any

Now I'm going to bed.
                congrats on your progress so far. i finished phase 1 but i stopped. I regret stopping. im going to start up from the beginning at the end of this month.

but im not doing yoga or kenpo. ill do some light cardio and some boxing workouts instead. cuz i hated the yoga and my boxing workouts are more intense than kenpo.

when you get to phase 2 report back to this thread and let me know how hardcore it is compared to the first phase.

Comment

Working...
                X