Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the worst refereeing you've seen in a fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta be the guy who reffed Martinez vs Cintron.

Dirrell vs Abraham was a blatant piece of hometown refereeing, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      lol tbf the bell rung just as he grabbed him. He ultimately did Cleverly no favors, just extended the physical punishment. Corner should've pulled Cleverly out.

Khan-Peterson, Klitschko-Povetkin, Floyd-Hatton/Ortiz all contenders, but I'm sure there are many more.
      I think that was Luis Pabon I can't stand that piece of ****. If the Ref wouldn't have allowed Klit to continuously lay on Povetkin maybe we would've seen a different out come.

Comment

Lomachenko vs salido was awful

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
          I think that was Luis Pabon I can't stand that piece of ****. If the Ref wouldn't have allowed Klit to continuously lay on Povetkin maybe we would've seen a different out come.
          I doubt that. If Wlad had fought properly:
          90% he would have stopped Pov within 4 rounds,
          10% Pov would have caught him with a big shot and knocked him out.

What Wlad did with his clinching is take away that 10% (and the fight's entertainment value). It was a terrible ref job, but I don't think it swinged the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            Lomachenko vs salido was awful
            This. Laurence Cole if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
              The ref in the Ottke-Reid fight was bad, I'm sure he tried to deduct a point for punching Ottke in the face
              Good call, that was one of the most atrocious ref jobs in history. Reid was deducted points for nonexistent fouls, he wasn't credited with clear knockdowns and the ref was constantly warning him for nonfouls such as hitting Ottke on the side of the face

Comment

Who ever was the ref in Juan Martin Coggi vs Eder Gonzalez I.

Comment

Cortez has had the odd bad night it must be said.

The referee in Eubank vs Watson II should really have made the correct judgement that Watson was in no position to continue. Dropped hard in the closing of round 11 and was clearly out on his feet at the start of 12, should have been stopped.

Oh and the ref that had to save Manfredo's very life vs Calzaghe, I have only seen the fight once or twice and am aware that Manfredo wasn't really in with a huge shot, but I know the stoppage sucked.

(Oh and Laurence Cole straight up sucks...)

Comment

i dont think peterson-khan, floyd-hatton or floyd-ortiz were bad.

in floyd ortiz the only mistake the ref did was not catching on to the headbutts from ortiz earlier, dude was using his head all night. then when ortiz used the most blatant headbutt in boxing history he finally did his job. stopped the action, took a point and then started the action again. if ortiz doesnt defend himself at that point that his fault alone. the ref clearly instructed them to box, both verbally and physically.

against hatton, cortez broke them up like two times too many and people blow it way out of proportion. the real issue here is that hatton is an extremely dirty fighter inside and in england he has been getting away with it his entire career. so now brits see a ref actually doing his job correctly and think floyd is being protected, when in reality its the first time hatton isnt protected. whats really funny is the same people bash ward over his "hugging style" when he is doing the same thing hatton did except to a much, much much lesser degree. grabbing on to guys to create leverage inside, hatton not only does it more but he actually holds them with one arm WHILE he is hitting them with the other which is a very blatant foul. cortez wasnt having it, good for him.

khan was lucky he wasnt DQed against peterson, just like hatton he has been spoiled most of his career and allowed to break the rules as he pleases. finally a ref stood his ground and did his job. pushing, holding, headlocking, holding and hitting, pushing the head, pushing the head down and hitting, low blows etc.. people get hung up on the pushing but thats a mistake. khan was using one of bikas old tricks, foul someone one way for a while then switch fouls and many refs never take points because he isnt committing the same foul each time. but when a guy is purposely being dirty every round and its having a huge impact on the fight you have to take points away, pick one of the fouls and do it. in this case pushing, probably because its most blatantly on purpose.

edit: the ref in dirrell-abraham did an excellent job. there was only one call to make and he got it right.

salido-loma, mares-agbeko 1 and any vic draculich fight are all cases of truly poor refereeing.
                    Last edited by #1Assassin; 10-20-2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

russelll mora in the first mares/agbeko

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      Who ever was the ref in Juan Martin Coggi vs Eder Gonzalez I.
                      that one was unbelievable, and the rounds for that fight were like 30 seconds shorter, 2.30 mins rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X