Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Pac said he'd take less than 50%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder pac is not allowed to do the talking when arum is around.

Comment

yeah and floyd said a 14 day cut off was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
        I say you're wrong. I'm not giving up hope on this fight just yet.
        Ive been pretty right so far. When everyone was jumping on Arum (rightly so), I had my suspicions about Mayweather's side. You don't book a date/venue before you've even consulted the other side. And now the split.

Both these guys have their next opponent in mind and have for a while, thats my belief.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
          No wonder pac is not allowed to do the talking when arum is around.
          Uh yeah thats why Arum is a promoter and Pac is a fighter. Hurrr durr.

Comment

pac getting ripped off by arum, not okay with *****s.
            pac getting ripped off by boring floyd, it's okay with *****s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Ive been pretty right so far. When everyone was jumping on Arum (rightly so), I had my suspicions about Mayweather's side. You don't book a date/venue before you've even consulted the other side. And now the split.

Both these guys have their next opponent in mind and have for a while, thats my belief.
              I don't buy that whole date/venue thing. That's Bob Arum telling you how he thinks it should work. Just as it is every year, nothing makes more sense than the MGM Grand on Cinco de Mayo weekend. It's been good enough for both fighters for the past 5 years.

Comment

I don't understand how people can view Floyd as a coward for this. As things stood heat was coming down on Pacquiao, if he really did not want to fight him he could have just arranged a fight with his next opponent and said the fight fell through because of the venue/date.

Instead he calls Pacquiao, to essentially cut Arum out.

Negotiation over pursue split is trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
                  I don't buy that whole date/venue thing. That's Bob Arum telling you how he thinks it should work. Just as it is every year, nothing makes more sense than the MGM Grand on Cinco de Mayo weekend. It's been good enough for both fighters for the past 5 years.
                  Uh no thats just how it works. Especially when you're negotiating THIS fight. Its ok for Floyd to say to some GBP fighter like Ortiz or Mosley, "hey you're fighting me at the MGM on May 5th". But he knows damn well it wouldn't fly in this situation. So yeah....hes already got some GBP fighter lined up. Arum already has a TR fighter lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
                    I thought this has been cover already when PAC said he'll take less there was. no agreement on the date, the post was bumped yesterday and that was in December. U're telling me PAC agreed to fight Floyd on may 5th since December when he made that statement? Since Floyd won't and can't fight any other date than may 5th and if PAC agree then why would PAC still agree to take less after agreeing to go with Floyd's date he chooses also?
                    You make a good point. And, since May 5th was only 4 months ahead of this alleged statement, there is no way that the fight could have taken place on May 5th. Nobody knew until jan.6th that Mayweather would have a gaol postponemet util June 1st. With a 2-3 month incarceration, he'd only be out a month or 6 weeks befor the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                      pac getting ripped off by arum, not okay with *****s.
                      pac getting ripped off by boring floyd, it's okay with *****s.

Yup. You nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X