No announcement yet.

If India and Pakistan got into boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Naseem Hamed had Yemeni parents and was trained in Sheffield, absolutely no link to India or Pakistan.

I've been to India several times, the kids are obsessed with Cricket like on a whole other level. I don't think there would ever manage to be the following to produce great fighters.
    Naz was trained in the UK, doesnt matter where his parents are from, he is the product of UK boxing.

Most of the middle east is all connected anyways, they invaded one another, planted seeds ect...

I'm sure someone on here knows more in-depth history than me, people move around, set up shop.

It'll be interesting to see if Vjinder Singh has any sucess and how that will relate in India

Most of the Brown and Black UK kids who got into boxing in recent times say Naz is their biggest inspiration. I pretty sure a lot of UK white kids would say the same.

The guy was a huge deal for UK boxing
    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 08-27-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

they can teach fraud jr to spell his last name.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Naz was trained in the UK, doesnt matter where his parents are from, he is the product of UK boxing.

Most of the middle east is all connected anyways, they invaded one another, planted seeds ect...

I'm sure someone on here knows more in-depth history than me, people move around, set up shop.

It'll be interesting to see if Vjinder Singh has any sucess and how that will relate in India

Most of the Brown and Black UK kids who got into boxing in recent times say Naz is their biggest inspiration. I pretty sure a lot of UK white kids would say the same.

The guy was a huge deal for UK boxing
        I know, the guy posted a video of Hamed in a thread about Indian/Pakistanis.

Also dude, India and Pakistan aren't in the Middle-east, they're South Asia. You were educated in England, you should know better! India is closer to Thailand and China than Yemen alot of whom are of African descent, it's pretty much touching the tip of Ethiopia.

Comment

I know, the guy posted a video of Hamed in a thread about Indian/Pakistanis.

Also dude, India and Pakistan aren't in the Middle-east, they're South Asia. You were educated in England, you should know better! India is closer to Thailand and China than Yemen alot of whom are of African descent, it's pretty much touching the tip of Ethiopia.
          I know, i didnt mean India and Pakistan were in the middle east, but i do know Afghanistan has invaded parts of India, who themselves have been invaded.

There is a reason why Indians and Pakistani's come in all types shades, some look borderline European. Its a huge place, who's boarder connect to different countries.

People move around.

However i admit i am no history expert, most of my info comes from documentaries ive seen over the years on Sky, so i dont want to offend anyone.

But all i was saying is, once a country has a star to get behind, it tends to inspire others to maybe get into that sport, more investment, more gyms.

Comment

__
            Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            What do you think would happen if India and Pakistan started investing in boxing, and boxing gyms popped up?

Since both countries are among the most populous in the world, it stands to reason that if they got interested in the sport, they could produce some medalists and/or world champions.
            Nothing.

Comment

Naseem Hamed had Yemeni parents and was trained in Sheffield, absolutely no link to India or Pakistan.

I've been to India several times, the kids are obsessed with Cricket like on a whole other level. I don't think there would ever manage to be the following to produce great fighters.
              Based on what exactly? I'm genuinely curious.

Comment

Why do people go with genetic/racial reasoning as to explain if these countries will produce good/bad fighters?

It's all really a sport at the end of the day. If you do it for long enough you'll get someone half decent every once in a while.

You got countries that produce World champions, yet are peons on a global stage or even historically speaking weren't **** and vice versa. Doesn't mean anything.
                Last edited by Box-Office; 08-27-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Pakistan would do well if they invest in Boxing .

Comment

Working...
                  X