No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux: Better Than Pacquiao-Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Disagree wiith this strongly. First off the standards are ridiculous, you just had Gatti, Virgil Hill and Mark Johnson inducted. But even with tighter standards, what more can you hope for? he's been the dominant guy over 4 weightclasses. How many guys have done more sub feather in the past 20 years?
    He definitely should be in over Gatti, Hill and Johnson and quite a few others but I personally wouldn't vote for him, yet.

Not far off though and when his career ends he will be. To be honest, I could easily see him being a HOF'er right now when I think about it.

You make a good point. Not many who have done more at Feather and below in the last 20 years.

And, his career's not over yet.

You get where I was going with the post, though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He definitely should be in over Gatti, Hill and Johnson and quite a few others but I personally wouldn't vote for him, yet.

Not far off though and when his career ends he will be. To be honest, I could easily see him being a HOF'er right now when I think about it.

You make a good point. Not many who have done more at Feather and below in the last 20 years.

And, his career's not over yet.

You get where I was going with the post, though.
      Absolutely, this fight is nothing compared to Floyd Pac, and it could easily be low on action.

Comment

Not better than Floyd-Manny but it's still a great fight.

Now that he's sorted the testing side I hope Rigo goes full Mayorga and stirs up as much resentment as he possibly can. The more bad blood going into this the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Not better than Floyd-Manny but it's still a great fight.

Now that he's sorted the testing side I hope Rigo goes full Mayorga and stirs up as much resentment as he possibly can. The more bad blood going into this the better.
          This fight between Donaire and Rigo is going to be a great one. I'm actually surprised its not on HBO PPV because I think it will have lots of buys. In any case if you already have HBO the fight will be free for you because it's on HBO's World Championship Boxing. After Donaire takes care of business and Billy "The Kid" Dib takes care of his business I want Donaire vs Dib at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHook84 View Post
            This fight between Donaire and Rigo is going to be a great one. I'm actually surprised its not on HBO PPV because I think it will have lots of buys. In any case if you already have HBO the fight will be free for you because it's on HBO's World Championship Boxing. After Donaire takes care of business and Billy "The Kid" Dib takes care of his business I want Donaire vs Dib at 126.
            Are you actually surprised? Nonito benefits more by receiving more views with a televised HBO fight than a low-selling PPV event.

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
              Are you actually surprised? Nonito benefits more by receiving more views with a televised HBO fight than a low-selling PPV event.
              But with Pacquiao taking a break until the earliest June, Nonito Donaire can fill in because Filipino fans want another Champion. This fight against Rigo will be the biggest fight in Donaire's career and when he beats Rigo, Nonito will be a PPV attraction.

Comment

Ok im a fan of RIgo and Donaire even tho he's starting to look bad with he's prima donna antics but just to get it out of the way and over with Mayweather vs Pacquiao would be 100 times better in magnitude and maybe action remembr Donaire Rigondeaux is a 2 counter punchers fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                  Ok im a fan of RIgo and Donaire even tho he's starting to look bad with he's prima donna antics but just to get it out of the way and over with Mayweather vs Pacquiao would be 100 times better in magnitude and maybe action remembr Donaire Rigondeaux is a 2 counter punchers fight.
                  Great points but for Donaire-Rigo to even be mentioned in the same breathe as Pac-Floyd means it's also going to be a great fight. There are reports that a big named celebrity will start promoting the Donaire-Rigo fight this week.
                  Last edited by TheHook84; 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X