No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Selcuk Aydin: There is No Excuse, I Lost The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Selcuk Aydin: There is No Excuse, I Lost The Fight

SAN JOSE, Calif. – Selcuk Aydin is making no excuses about his twelve round unanimous decision loss to Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero. Before Guerrero's hometown crowd at HP Pavilion, Aydin (23-1, 17 KO’s) got outboxed in the first half of the fight but came back strong in the later rounds, with Guerrero (30-1-1, 18 KO’s) getting tired. The judges saw it 117-11 and 116-112 (twice).

[Click Here To Read More]

Yep, good luck to him. It was a good effort. Would like to see him fight again.

Comment

I'm going to repeat what previous posters have said Aydin is more than welcome back on my TV screen.

Comment

His style can make for great fights with some fighters like Maidana, Carson Jones, Chaves.
        I agree: 3 wars. In Europe, he can make great fights, too: Bundu, Senchenko o Zaveck. I like Aydin vs Zaveck.

Comment

Nice to hear him being humble. Good effort, strong fighter & a pleasure too watch.

Bounce back, you'll beat most guys at 147.

Comment

Nice to see a boxer who makes zero excuses.

Comment

Fair play too Aydin for putting up a good fight from what ive read and being gracious in defeat

Comment

What's really sad are all the people that said it was a close fight or that Aydin was winning or should have won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Nice to see a boxer who makes zero excuses.
                  He admits he lost without and excuses i.e. leg cramps, overly trained, didn't take the fight seriously etc...

However he did ramble on about after being hit in the 4th, he started seeing double vision but at the end of the day he took the loss like a man.

Comment

I quite enjoyed watching Aydin. He's a fighter who just looks to come forward and rely on his strength and toughness, but that style makes for some potential great fights at 147...Zaveck, Jones, Maidana.

As others have said its was refeshing to hear a fighter make no excuses for their loss either.

Comment

Working...
                    X