No announcement yet.

Is Erislandy Slick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Renal Colic View Post
    For Floyd, a 75" reach. Floyd's never fought anyone with more than a 73" reach. More importantly perhaps, Lara has a lop-sided win over Trout. Canelo got a fight with Floyd by beating Trout by a hair. Lara trounced him.

Canelo and GGG would likewise be wary of Lara because of his reach. Furthermore, Canelo has been given the biggest problems by boxers as opposed to sluggers and swarmers.

Lara's soutpaw stance and boxing ability make him all the more feared by all 3.

For Floyd, to show he is truly the best at light middleweight and to prevent the spread of his reputation as a ducker. Canelo should fight him to out of pride: he was challenged in person by Lara and there is no bigger threat at 154 that he has yet to fight. As for GGG, to prove he is not a liar. He said he'd fight anyone from 154 to 168. Lara falls in that category and would be the best name on his record.
    Floyd doesn't have anything to prove or gain by fighting Lara. Floyd is a part-timer at Jr Middleweight, he only fights opponents who brings in the most money in the division and Lara doesn't bring that. Lara's resume isn't all that great either and Floyd has nothing to gain by fighting/beating him except for shutting up a few fickle bitter fans who wants to see him lose as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Trout had a tougher time hitting Lara than he did Canelo.

That should tell you something. Styles make fights.

Molina couldn't hit Lara cleanly, Martirosyan rarely caught Lara with anything meaningful, Williams high output was for the most part nulled by Lara's slickness and defense.
      Are you serious, man? I scored that fight 6-4 for, Molina. Did you ignored all of those body punches and clean uppercuts that Molina landed on the inside? He outworked Lara on the inside, while Lara wasn't all that accurate with his 1-2's on the outside.

Molina slipped some of Lara's straight lefts and Lara had no answer for Molina's inside game. I don't mind that they scored the fight a draw, but Molina clearly looked better in that fight and should've won by SD at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Floyd doesn't have anything to prove or gain by fighting Lara. Floyd is a part-timer at Jr Middleweight, he only fights opponents who brings in the most money in the division and Lara doesn't bring that. Lara's resume isn't all that great either and Floyd has nothing to gain by fighting/beating him except for shutting up a few fickle bitter fans who wants to see him lose as usual.
        I have no problem with that mind set.

But fighters work their whole lives to become world champions, so if he plans on being a part timer in the division, he should vacate instead of babysitting a belt that the top contenders will never get a crack at. Luckily the WBA recognizes Lara as a world champion but he won't be looked at as an official champion in that weight class unless this part time fighter either fights him or vacates.
        Last edited by -PBP-; 03-15-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          Are you serious, man? I scored that fight 6-4 for, Molina. Did you ignored all of those body punches and clean uppercuts that Molina landed on the inside? He outworked Lara on the inside, while Lara wasn't all that accurate with his 1-2's on the outside.

Molina slipped some of Lara's straight lefts and Lara had no answer for Molina's inside game. I don't mind that they scored the fight a draw, but Molina clearly looked better in that fight and should've won by SD at the very least.
          I think we might have seen different fights then.

I saw Molina hugging a lot and throwing a lot of punches on Lara's arms. Lara could not miss the left hand uppercut.

I had it 6-4 Lara.

I won't really make this a discussion, we'll just agree to disagree.

Speak on Lara vs Molina in this thread: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=594137

Comment

Originally posted by franktastic21 View Post
            haha agreed 100% boxers need to learn how to move and not just stand there taking a facial beating
            Thank you for the Green K franktastic21. You have made your first post a memorable one. Dan_Cov is our gracious and courageous leader of the Rigotard nation. All posts directed towards him shall forever be remembered in the encyclopedia NSBritannica.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              or does he simply just move a lot
              He moves a lot and hes slick, its not exclusive

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                He moves a lot but when he's cornered he gets tagged pretty easily. Alfredo Angulo had an easier time hitting Lara than he did hitting Canelo. That should tell you something.
                Spot on!
                Judging from your pic your a Floyd nut hugger and are probably *****in on Lara but I agree.

Lara has decent movement, good handspeed but he lacks the reflexes to be called slick or the punch selection and the supreme speed of foot. Lara is not slick, I haven't seen anyone EVER throw punches as slow as ANgulo and he tagged Lara all night long.

Lara has heart though and can punch a bit himself.

Comment

He moves a lot, moreso than being slick so that's what I voted for.

But I guess he is/does both.

Comment

Niether, he's smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanMauler View Post
                      Niether, he's smooth.
                      I think you nailed, some ppl are saying when he get cornered but fail to mention the dimension of those rings when he fought the likes of molina, hernandez and angulo, the only two boring fights he has were with molina (a known hugger) and vanes and he was putting a hurt on the armenian from the 5 on, as a matter of fact vanes quit in that fight, once they had the clash of heads he stopped the fight before the doc could check him, he wanted out of the fight, and the proof is that he never took the rematch; Against perro everyone hardcore fan knows what the deal was, but they again fail to mention that the ring was a phone boot, the mat was filled with sand and Lara was told he couldn't hydrate more than 10 pounds while mr. perro went all the way up to 174 by the time he was weighed in again, who knows how heavy he really was entering the ring, when I point this to the "critics" the ignore the details and keep on posting half truth, the molina fight was a disgrace and none of them deserve the win, then again when some poster talk about this they leave out the details, like molina was a very late substitute, the shields was training Rigondeaux for his fight in Ireland, that Lara didn't train properly do to those uncertainties about his fight, to top it off he had a tooth infection 3 days prior to the fight, another thing the "critics" don't mention is his heart and the will to win...

Comment

Working...
                      X