No announcement yet.

Mayweather Sr. – Pacquiao is a total mismatch with Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Sr. – Pacquiao is a total mismatch with Floyd

Floyd Mayweather Sr. says his son Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be returning to the boxing ring and will be fighting Manny Pacquiao, whom he sees as not being in the same class as his son.
    Before Floyd can fight Manny, he has to take care of his legal problems that are getting in the way of their mega fight. Once those problems go away, Mayweather should be more than ready to take on Pacquiao and beat him.
    Speaking with examiner.com, Mayweather Sr. said this in regards to the $100 million that Mayweather Jr. was said to be asking for a fight with Pacquiao: “It aint little Floyd talking. Its somebody putting stuff in his ear.”

Asking for $100 million isn’t that big of a deal. Why shouldn’t Mayweather be asking to get as much as possible? He’s been arguably the biggest star in boxing for some time and he should be trying to get the biggest payday possible. Besides, we’re only hearing this $100 million through hearsay. Who knows what Mayweather said? But I would be okay with him asking for that amount. It doesn’t mean he’ll get the money but he can always ask.

I can see Mayweather getting the bigger split, especially if Pacquiao struggles in his next fight against Shane Mosley. If Pacquiao has a hard time winning that fight, and I can see that happening, it’s going to put Mayweather in a good position for negotiating with the Filipino star. I don’t care how many PPV buys Pacquiao-Mosley brings in. If Pacquiao struggles in beating Mosley, then it will be next impossible for Pacquiao and Arum to justify asking for a 50-50 deal.

Originally posted by abdul-jakul View Post
    I can see Mayweather getting the bigger split, especially if Pacquiao struggles in his next fight against Shane Mosley. If Pacquiao has a hard time winning that fight, and I can see that happening, it’s going to put Mayweather in a good position for negotiating with the Filipino star. I don’t care how many PPV buys Pacquiao-Mosley brings in. If Pacquiao struggles in beating Mosley, then it will be next impossible for Pacquiao and Arum to justify asking for a 50-50 deal.
    give one billion dollars to floyd then to make the fight happen. could care less if he gets 99-1 split. see this is what i don't understand about posters like this. they won't get a single dime, yet look at this idiot. another means to derail the fight. that's why i'm very convinced that most fans of the fraud are not really that interested in the fight. they're interested in winning the fight outside the ring.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Sr. says his son Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be returning to the boxing ring and will be fighting Manny Pacquiao, whom he sees as not being in the same class as his son.
      Before Floyd can fight Manny, he has to take care of his legal problems that are getting in the way of their mega fight. Once those problems go away, Mayweather should be more than ready to take on Pacquiao and beat him.
      Speaking with examiner.com, Mayweather Sr. said this in regards to the $100 million that Mayweather Jr. was said to be asking for a fight with Pacquiao: “It aint little Floyd talking. Its somebody putting stuff in his ear.”

Asking for $100 million isn’t that big of a deal. Why shouldn’t Mayweather be asking to get as much as possible? He’s been arguably the biggest star in boxing for some time and he should be trying to get the biggest payday possible. Besides, we’re only hearing this $100 million through hearsay. Who knows what Mayweather said? But I would be okay with him asking for that amount. It doesn’t mean he’ll get the money but he can always ask.

Wait, what?!? Asking for $100 million guarantee, when his biggest payday has been $60 mil (well above what he was guaranteed) is reasonable? Asking for more money than any other boxer has made for one fight (including himself) to be guaranteed is not over-pricing himself?!?

Split isn't determined by who well you fight, its determined by how much $$ you bring to the table. If Pac/Mosley sells significantly less thean PBF/Mosley did, then yes, pac doesn't deserve 50/50. But if Pac matches or beats Floyd's #'s you better believe he deserves at least a split purse.

Comment

a-side meth will easily balance out that mismatch

that's the power of peds...it can do miracles (by mayweathers' logic)

Comment

If Pacquiao has a hard time winning that fight, and I can see that happening, it’s going to put Mayweather in a good position for negotiating with the Filipino star. I don’t care how many PPV buys Pacquiao-Mosley brings in. If Pacquiao struggles in beating Mosley, then it will be next impossible for Pacquiao and Arum to justify asking for a 50-50 deal.
          this is the problem with posters like this. they're trying to make it look like it's only the pac team that is interested in this fight. (i guess they admit that the fraud is too scared to fight the pac, he had to ask for the biggest amount of dollars possible. phuk the fans, phuk the sport, phuk the hell of it).

the answer is floyd doesn't have to fight pac. he can have a rematch with mosley which he promised. i want to know who floyd fans want for mayweahter if not pac.

this is the question they avoid answering. they only want pac, obviously, but they love dumping roadblocks in it. it's mighty inconsistent of them.

this is one of the reasons why i'm a pacfan now. i can't stand these *****s.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
            give one billion dollars to floyd then to make the fight happen. could care less if he gets 99-1 split. see this is what i don't understand about posters like this. they won't get a single dime, yet look at this idiot. another means to derail the fight. that's why i'm very convinced that most fans of the fraud are not really that interested in the fight. they're interested in winning the fight outside the ring.
            While you consistently try and bash the man, you skipped right over the paragraph where the man said this.....

So the dude is correct, if Mayweather wants to ask for a crazy sum of money, it doesnt mean he will get it.

IF PAC ASKED YOU WOULD NOT BE COMPLAINING....

SO WHO GIVES A DAMN, PLUS THERE IS A WAY FOR MAYWEATHER TO GET THIS MONEY EASILY, HE CAN CO PROMOTE, ITS NOT LIKE FLOYD WANTS TOP RANK TO MAKE 30 MILLION PLUS OFF OF HIM.... THIS FIGHT IS POTENTIALLY GONNA SHATTER DELAHOYA/FLOYDS FIGHT EASY IMO.

SO CHILL OUT....

I mean we havent even heard anything from floyd, plus even his father is saying he doesnt think this is coming from floyd.....

FLOYD IS BUSY RAKING IN CASH FROM THE BULLS/HAWKS B-BALL GAME....
            Last edited by QADASHBANYAH; 03-23-2011, 05:12 PM. Reason: PAC FAN HAS PACS NUTZ IN HIS MOUTH.....

Comment

Working...
            X