No announcement yet.

Gun used by shooter in Dallas identified as an SKS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    i'm looking to upgrade actually. considering a ruger SR1911 or a colt 1991 right now. got any thoughts on brands?
    I would stay away from colt

With all,their bankruptcies, corporate changes, etc.

Some of their guns have bad reputation. And with guns u don't know when they were manufactured.

Get a nicer Springfield or kimber or sig or s&w. They all make 1911 now. Ruger should be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
      Balls...lol
      Are you gonna send me da pmr30 or what?.
      I want one too. I remember when that was always sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post

My little pea shooter on some futuristic type ****
        How reliable is that drum?

No issues? Reliable?

Never had a calico.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

Some of their guns have bad reputation. And with guns u don't know when they were manufactured.

Get a nicer Springfield or kimber or sig or s&w. They all make 1911 now. Ruger should be good too.
          Body Movin'
          I would go with a SIG, kimber also if the funds are there, if you are on a budget, I grabbed a Taurus PT1911 with a heritage .22LR revolver for $500 from Academys , they run that deal around fathers day, looks like this except my doesnt say Taurus and PT1911 on the slide, it just says "1911" on one side and no rail, so looks more like 2nd pic

I have shot several hundred of rounds through it and not a single hiccup, no FTF, FTE, misfire etc... and it shots dead on up to 15 yards, up to 25 yards my groupings get a little wider but less than 4-5 inches

this gun has skeletonized trigger, hammer, beaver tail, ambi safety, novak sights, front and back serrations, good from and back checkering and ok grips.

I know there are better 1911's out there, but this is one of my favorites to shoot. When I have shot other peoples 1911, I cannot tell that much difference

Very similar.

Denzels was the 4506 .45

Same design but bigger frame, longer slide.

So maybe that's why it was a lil big for u.
          I thought so, nice man

I do like hammered guns too, I have a few like that

but for .45 ACP I love my 1911 with novak sights, also the striker fire springfield mod 2 is nice, good recoil for a small gun, 13+1 full mag or 9+1 flush mag
          Last edited by bigdlb12; 07-13-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

yea i've heard negative things about colt but not from my experience. my gf's LE6920 AR from colt is top shelf, we've never had a problem with it and shoots great.

im considering a colt for purist reasons tbh lol. it's a shame to hear what is happening to the company.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdlb12 View Post
              I would go with a SIG, kimber also if the funds are there, if you are on a budget, I grabbed a Taurus PT1911 with a heritage .22LR revolver for $500 from Academys , they run that deal around fathers day, looks like this except my doesnt say Taurus and PT1911 on the slide, it just says "1911" on one side and no rail, so looks more like 2nd pic

I have shot several hundred of rounds through it and not a single hiccup, no FTF, FTE, misfire etc... and it shots dead on up to 15 yards, up to 25 yards my groupings get a little wider but less than 4-5 inches

this gun has skeletonized trigger, hammer, beaver tail, ambi safety, novak sights, front and back serrations, good from and back checkering and ok grips.

I know there are better 1911's out there, but this is one of my favorites to shoot. When I have shot other peoples 1911, I cannot tell that much difference
              i've looked at SIG and i'm not a huge fan of their hybrid P220 + 1911 slides.

sounds like you got a good bargain on the taurus. it's something i'll have to consider.

that's what i've read too. low/mid range 1911s are more or less the same if you aren't using them for competition, which is why i'm hesitant with brands like kimber because they seem way overpriced. your taurus for example has roughly all the parts a typical kimber would have but for a cheaper price.

Comment

yea i've heard negative things about colt but not from my experience. my gf's LE6920 AR from colt is top shelf, we've never had a problem with it and shoots great.

im considering a colt for purist reasons tbh lol. it's a shame to hear what is happening to the company.
                There's 2 colt

COLT military,le and colt commercial

Also.a colt Canada which use to be diemaco who made Canadian m16

The colt commercial was the one that went thru a lot of problems. Bankruptcies, corporate restructurimg, etc.

The military stuff should be fine.

The commercial though different story.

They tried to make "improvements" on guns and cost cutting, etc.

Like I said depends on what years the colt was manufactured but with guns you don't know.

You might buy a brand new, never fired, new in box gun but that thing was made 10-15 yrs ago.

Comment

i've looked at SIG and i'm not a huge fan of their hybrid P220 + 1911 slides.

sounds like you got a good bargain on the taurus. it's something i'll have to consider.

that's what i've read too. low/mid range 1911s are more or less the same if you aren't using them for competition, which is why i'm hesitant with brands like kimber because they seem way overpriced. your taurus for example has roughly all the parts a typical kimber would have but for a cheaper price.
                  Sig has an exact 1911.

Not no hyrbrid. THough hey do have Sig p220-229 that have a 1911 type single action trigger.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...tols-1911.aspx

There's also rock island armory 1911

Iirc they are made in Philippines and distributed in usa.

It's cheaper price but due to peso-dollar exchange rate and cheaper labor.

Not cheaply made.

Filipinos have been buying, using, making 1911 for a huneed years. They know how to make 1911.

They are more obsessed with .45 than Americans are.

Comment

Armscor

http://armscor.com

Makes rock island armory 1911

They've been making guns in Philippines for over 100 years

Nice cheaper 1911 option

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                      That was futuristic in the 70s. They stopped producing that in the 80s aint it.

Not too sure when the stopped producing it. I know I had the rifle back in 92 or 93. It still looks like it shoots lasers though.

How reliable is that drum?

No issues? Reliable?

Never had a calico.
                      Its nice it gets a little hard to load once you've got about 75-80 bullets in it.

Sometimes it will go off and shoot like two or three round bursts.

The gun is obviously for fun though so I don't use it much. Just like to show it off cause most people have never seen one.

Comment

Working...
                      X