Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Out of curiosity, who is there and why?

As you said each to their own opinion.
    you want me to name 10 middleweights i feel were better than Hagler?

Sugar Ray Robinson
    Sam Langford
    Stanley Ketchel
    Carlos Monzon
    Gene Fullmer
    Roy Jones Jr.
    James Toney
    Harry Greb
    Mickey Walker
    Freddie Steele
    Marcel Cerdan
    Jake LaMotta
    Randolph Turpin
    Bernard Hopkins
    Gerald McClellan
    Mike McCallum
    Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 12-12-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Take away Thomas Hearns, breaking his famous right hand in the opening round. Leaves Hagler's resume quite limited when closely scrutinized. A razor-thin decision over former Lightweight King Roberto Duran and a humiliating defeat to comebacking Ray Leonard. Most of Haglers championship opponents were light-middleweights and very limited fighters. Mugabi, Hamsho, Obel, Antuofermo, Lee.. Although Juan Roldan was an excellent victory for Hagler, Marvin clearly "THUMBED" Roldan, which then turned the fight in his favour. Marvin Hagler is ATG 10-14 Middleweights. He does not beat the Top 10 guys IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
        Its more meaningful to stay in a division and take on top contender after top contender than to hop from one division to the other picking out alphabet champions.
        The way you are comparing these things are silly. Its like whats better what Hagler did or what Broner did lol. It'd be like saying whats better being Floyd or Manny & moving up divisions or being Sven Ottke & having a bunch of defenses at one division lol.

Armstrong, the Sugar Ray's, Floyd & Manny moved around divisions & did it a lot more impressive than what Broner did & certainly its comparable, maybe better maybe not than what Hagler did. Its certainly debatable which is better & it probably ends up being a personal preference type thing. So basically there are merits to being the long standing champion in one division or going to other divisions & being the top guy.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Take away Thomas Hearns, breaking his famous right hand in the opening round. Leaves Hagler's resume quite limited when closely scrutinized. A razor-thin decision over former Lightweight King Roberto Duran and a humiliating defeat to comebacking Ray Leonard. Most of Haglers championship opponents were light-middleweights and very limited fighters. Mugabi, Hamsho, Obel, Antuofermo, Lee.. Although Juan Roldan was an excellent victory for Hagler, Marvin clearly "THUMBED" Roldan, which then turned the fight in his favour. Marvin Hagler is ATG 10-14 Middleweights. He does not beat the Top 10 guys IMO.
          Between this and your low opinion of Lennox Lewis, I've come to the opinion that either you like to post for shock value or are a complete idiot. Which one is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            Between this and your low opinion of Lennox Lewis, I've come to the opinion that either you like to post for shock value or are a complete idiot. Which one is correct?
            none. why not try to address what i have claimed?... that way i will address what you have made claim of and others can make their imput. Then we will be debating, instead of making childish accusations like you are doing. I don't have a low opinion of Hagler, i have a very high opinion of him. Just not as high as i have of some other champions. Same goes for Lennox Lewis, i have a very high opinion of Lennox. Just not as high as i have of some other champions.

Now i listed some fighters, who i feel were superior to Marvin Hagler. In Head2Head match-ups, i feel they would defeat Hagler. Many had greater careers and better resumes than Hagler,. You obviously disagree, but cannot show the forum why you disagree. So you would rather try to belittle and ridicule me as a person, even tho you don't know me. You don't even know which country i live, you don't know my age or my history of involvement in the sport of boxing. So i can only assume that you are a bit of an idiot.

Comment

Hagler deserves to be one of the top two or three middles. Where depends on where you rank Robinson and if you have Monzon below or above him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                The way you are comparing these things are silly. Its like whats better what Hagler did or what Broner did lol. It'd be like saying whats better being Floyd or Manny & moving up divisions or being Sven Ottke & having a bunch of defenses at one division lol.

Armstrong, the Sugar Ray's, Floyd & Manny moved around divisions & did it a lot more impressive than what Broner did & certainly its comparable, maybe better maybe not than what Hagler did. Its certainly debatable which is better & it probably ends up being a personal preference type thing. So basically there are merits to being the long standing champion in one division or going to other divisions & being the top guy.
                I think you misunderstood what I meant (or I didn't explain it well). The OP was knocking Hagler for not winning titles at other divisions but what he accomplished in his divisions outweighed what some people do (Broner as you mentioned) when jumping around divisions.

Its not that staying is better than moving its the quality of opposition that you face, which is what you were alluding to.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Actually.....Its both. Sonny is a complete idiot who enjoys posting for shock value. But we can't decide whether he is an idiot because he enjoys posting for shock value or, if he is an idiot who happens to like to post for shock value. In my humble opinion? Sonny is an idiot who just happens among other things, to enjoy posting for shock value. I say this because he actually does quite a few more very idiotic funny sunny things, like lie compulsively, make egotistical claims that he is a boxing expert who knows more than everyone....

Now to be fair? One claim he makes is that he has forgotten more than many people know about boxing. This could be true...its just that he can't remember any of the stuff he forgot and posts dreck instead, i mean its possible.

By the way: You are probably smart enough to know that many people have addressed what Sony claims lol. And ripped it apart, and showed it to be utter bs....it does no good though, one would have a more productive effort syphoning gas through a straw and then back again into the tank.
                  Last edited by billeau2; 12-12-2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Actually, what Sonny does with a straw is watch boxing through it. He has straw vision. People have no respect for views gained on ye subject from peering through a straw. His deep analyses always expose his tunnel vision. His sub genus differs from several other local top churls. A handful of them should have their own section like ye unused one for experts on this forum, from which they are not allowed to emerge to converse with the reasonable and the talented.

It would be ye churls only section of the forum. If you were a churl with unchangeable halfwitted views, that would be the place for you (you used figuratively) to write posts. Without reasonable posters to pester and harass, these creatures would find another cave to make echos in.

I don't feel like addressing any of Sonny's so called points. I don't think he had any points, just opinions. He constantly misrepresents when on a crusade. He always insists, for instance, that ye Hagler victory over Duran was razor thin. In fact, he will always use ye same compound adjective razor thin. I watched the fight as it happened and have watched it many times since. There were only a few rounds I could actually give to Duran. Viewers, including ye judges, who think it was razor thin, are victims of a post-Goldbergian effect because Duran did so much better than expected. No one is immune to forming strong expectations before a match of this magnitude based on their experience. Judges go in with them too. Some people never let go of the distortions they saw though a Goldbergian lens under the influence of great emotion and expectations, even after repeated later viewings. These people will not change their opinions elsewhere, either, for that would be like admitting defeat for a know-it-all. Yes, we know who the know-it-alls are.

Sonny-- self-proclaimmed know-it-all

Jugnuts--passionately misinformed

Elroy--a player who majors in trolling without a minor.
                    Last edited by The Old LefHook; 12-12-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      Actually, what Sonny does with a straw is watch boxing through it. He has straw vision. People have no respect for views gained on ye subject from peering through a straw. His deep analyses always expose his tunnel vision. His sub genus differs from several other local top churls. A handful of them should have their own section like ye unused one for experts on this forum, from which they are not allowed to emerge to converse with the reasonable and the talented.

It would be ye churls only section of the forum. If you were a churl with unchangeable halfwitted views, that would be the place for you (you used figuratively) to write posts. Without reasonable posters to pester and harass, these creatures would find another cave to make echos in.

I don't feel like addressing any of Sonny's so called points. I don't think he had any points, just opinions. He constantly misrepresents when on a crusade. He always insists, for instance, that ye Hagler victory over Duran was razor thin. In fact, he will always use ye same compound adjective razor thin. I watched the fight as it happened and have watched it many times since. There were only a few rounds I could actually give to Duran. Viewers, including ye judges, who think it was razor thin, are victims of a post-Goldbergian effect because Duran did so much better than expected. No one is immune to forming strong expectations before a match of this magnitude based on their experience. Judges go in with them too. Some people never let go of the distortions they saw though a Goldbergian lens under the influence of great emotion and expectations, even after repeated later viewings. These people will not change their opinions elsewhere, either, for that would be like admitting defeat for a know-it-all. Yes, we know who the know-it-alls are.

Sonny-- self-proclaimmed know-it-all

Jugnuts--passionately misinformed

Elroy--a player who majors in trolling without a minor.
                      I cant be the only one who trips balls reading this guy's posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X