Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd retires undefeated having beaten Martinez is he the greatest of the era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Not necessarily true.

Of course it can be argued. Floyd hasnt even beaten a close to prime hof fighter. Manny's res shi ts on floyd's overall (manny's res is garbage lately)
    Manny's resume above 135 is garbage period.

Genaro Hernandez is going to the HOF

Castillo is going to the HOF

DLH is going to the HOF

JMM is going to the HOF

Mosley is going to the HOF

And he did it without having to abuse catchweight stipulations or rehydration clauses. Also, most of these men were coming off victories when Floyd fought them.

Every one of Manny's opponents since Diaz were coming of career losses excluding tune ups.

There is a difference for those who are willing to look at the whole picture .. and not just the corner that suits them.

Comment

• Of this era, yes he could be. If he puts Cotto, a more experienced Alvarez[like a win over Kirkland], and Martinez as his finishing touches, i'd see him as the greatest boxer of this era. But Hopkins has a good claim too. As of now, I see Hopkins as the greatest of this era, Floyd is a close second. Then Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

• If he beats Sergio and Khan it wont make him best fighter of this era, as Sergio and Khan arent the best fighters of the era. That is Pac. So in my estimation he needs Pac quite badly still.

Beating Alvarez would help his cause but something tells me he wont get any where close to giving the fans what they want fight wise and its almost dreaming to think Floyd will fight anyone who take his zero.

But you have to put up many barriers for Floyd to be considered the best of the era, otherwise he will be lazy and make no effort. Tell Floyd he has to beat Pac, Sergio and Alvarez and only then will he have a shout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          Obviously u didnt watch the mora-mosley fight.

Mora brought if over the second half of the fight.

Anyway, shane was off for 16 months and he didnt ever TRY to do anything after rd two. You prob need to rewatch that fight too. I mean, he had to do sething he was in the ring, but if you had ever fought someone who overmatched you, the first sogn of bit ching up or being shot is doing the same thing over and pver that doesnt work. One thing about boxing (and what makes it so much better than mma) is that there's nowhere to hide.
          That's all Shane knows. He's one dimensional and has been for a long time before Mayweather fought him.

Once Mayweather made his adjustments Mosley was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            Manny's resume above 135 is garbage period.
            Genaro Hernandez is going to the HOF
            Castillo is going to the HOF
            DLH is going to the HOFJMM is going to the HOF
            Mosley is going to the HOF

And he did it without having to abuse catchweight stipulations or rehydration clauses. Also, most of these men were coming off victories when Floyd fought them.

Every one of Manny's opponents since Diaz were coming of career losses excluding tune ups.
            There is a difference for those who are willing to look at the whole picture .. and not just the corner that suits them.
            So let me get this straight, when floyd fought oscar/shane/jmm they were close to prime (and at a reasonable weight)?

Genero and jlc are nowhere near locks for the hof, bordeline at best, if u stretch it.

Floyd and pac have very similar resumes over 135 but remember pac came from a muuuuuuch lower weight than floyd. Lets actually be real and unbiased for a sec brother (if u want to look at the whole picture brother).

The hof credentials of manny and floyd are both 135 and below.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Shot fighters don't connect flush and wobble Money May.
              Wrong as usual. Shot fighters lose it after 3-5 rds when their lega die.

Comment

• He's already the greatest of his era. The question should be if he beats Pac and Martinez where does that leave him All Time.

Comment

• It'll make the race interesting for me if Hopkins loses to Dawson and Mayweather beats Cotto. I'd still favor Hopkins, just slightly, like by a hair. Cause losing to Dawson can't erase his wins over Trinidad, Tarver, Winky, Pavlik, Pascal, Johnson, and who they were when he beat them. While Cotto doesn't really change much for Mayweather's resume, it actually does nothing IMO, that's why i'm so mad at this match-up. Even Pacquiao the B-fighter would have been a better cherrypick, too bad he's in Top Rank though. If there's a cherrypick that would do something for May's resume, it's Pacquiao definitely, cause he's so hyped by journalists and boxing media/fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    That's all Shane knows. He's one dimensional and has been for a long time before Mayweather fought him.

Once Mayweather made his adjustments Mosley was done.
                    So are you telling me he was trying after rd 2? I mean, he at least used to ve capable of a 2 punch combo b4.

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                      It'll make the race interesting for me if Hopkins loses to Dawson and Mayweather beats Cotto. I'd still favor Hopkins, just slightly, like by a hair. Cause losing to Dawson can't erase his wins over Trinidad, Tarver, Winky, Pavlik, Pascal, Johnson, and who they were when he beat them. While Cotto doesn't really change much for Mayweather's resume, it actually does nothing IMO, that's why i'm so mad at this match-up. Even Pacquiao the B-fighter would have been a better cherrypick, too bad he's in Top Rank though. If there's a cherrypick that would do something for May's resume, it's Pacquiao definitely, cause he's so hyped by journalists and boxing media/fans.

Holy shi t!!!!!!!!

Wow. For real, its like kev came around on bhop v floyd with me and i came around on manny v floyd with kev. Green k.

Comment

Working...
                      X