No announcement yet.

Who hates the shoulder roll an Y!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who hates the shoulder roll an Y!!

I wanna no y? an not just coz FM dose it u haters/pacfans, seriously y. i think everbody should do it or at leat no how 2 do it.

I exempt in-boxers that often fight out-boxers.

Noone has any reason to hate the shoulder roll it's just another stance, weird thread.

Alot of people don't use it because they're more comfortable in another stance or havn't been trained to use it, alot of people (including myself) find it a kind of awkward stance were you can't open up properly

If every boxer used the shoulder roll most fights would be extremely boring.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Noone has any reason to hate the shoulder roll it's just another stance, weird thread.

Alot of people don't use it because they're more comfortable in another stance or havn't been trained to use it, alot of people (including myself) find it a kind of awkward stance were you can't open up properly

Actually I think it would produce a lot of knockouts if everyone used it.

If you don't execute it perfectly you'll get hit every time.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

Alot of people don't use it because they're more comfortable in another stance or havn't been trained to use it
        , alot of people (including myself) find it a kind of awkward stance were you can't open up properly

Exactly, bro. The shoulder roll is not any better than any other type of defensive style. If you make your opponent miss, it's a miss, regardless if it's the traditional way of bobbin' and weavin', philly shell, whatever...

Just like any style, it has its holes. The shoulder roll makes it difficult for a jab to be thrown with effectiveness, if you're not talented llike Phony Boy.

Since, the lead hand is down by your hips or torso, it's difficult to exert much force from where the arm is positioned, and a good fighter would be able to detect the moment you move that arm to jab or even a lead hook to the head, it has to travel a longer distance.

Even with Phony Boy, the shoulder roll isn't as effective with southpaws, that's why you see Phony use the high guard more often against southpaws.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

i agree. when roger was doing it against jc chavez sr all he did was leave himslef to get hit mostly on the ropes

Comment

It is the best defensive style, yes there r holes, but as 4 slipping, duck'n thats all part of it like any thing else but if u mean 2 tell me that straight up defense can match that? com on, look i agree that not every1 is gifted wit a good eye an fast reaction so u choose basic defense, i understand but at least giv it a go an learn from some1 dat no's wat there doing coz a lot of coaches i c don't teach it properly an the 1's that dis it r **** kickers that can't do it them selfs or don't no how 2 teach it.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

What he said. Shoulder roll is quite hittable, why do you think there are maybe three or four guys who can use it properly and they are all of a similar anthropometric parameters. No hate for the stance, but it's use is limited.

Comment

Originally posted by JabMan View Post
                I wanna no y? an not just coz FM dose it u haters/pacfans, seriously y. i think everbody should do it or at leat no how 2 do it.

I exempt in-boxers that often fight out-boxers.
                why do you mention pacfans in this forum? take that **** to nsb...kid

Comment

Takes impressive reflexes to use the shoulder role to its full potential. It's not to everyone's liking (both to use and to watch) but the guys who do it well are some of the most skilled fighters around and are extremely hard to hit clean.

Comment

It's a combination slipping/blocking stance. Its defensive viability all depends on the individual - Locche proved that if your reflexes are good enough you can stand directly in front of an opponent with your hands down at your knees without being hit.

Comment

Working...
                    X