Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think Kovalev makes it to Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jean Pascal reminds me of a bigger version of Tim Bradley for some reason, big frame, but no real power and on the edge of being in the elite list but not quite.

Comment

Stevenson doesn't seem to have a whole lot of confidence in himself, but he has a rocket of a straight left and Kovalev isn't exactly iron chinned. The problem with Stevenson is that he doesn't really do anything else.

It's a fun fight because it could come down to who finds that big shot first. I'd go with Kovalev to beat him but it's the sort of fight that could end at any time.

Comment

Super Duck is a b1tch. Don't talk about him plz.

Comment

Prior to this fight I made the mistake of thinking that Stevenson could catch Kovalev coming in too aggressively.

But this fight showed me what other people had seen and I hadn't: Kovalev is not a one dimensional power puncher

He outwit B Hop through enormous patience and tactical awareness. I dont think Stevenson has that. I still would worry about the Duck's power, but now I am fairly confident that Krusher can out box the Duck and put him to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Stevenson got KO'd from Boone, not just dropped, KO'd.
            yeah I know but that was some 4 years ago and since then he has continuously improved and shown some real nouce, which he never had before.

Comment

Well lets find out, NO excuse why Stevenson and Pascal SHOULDN'T fight him. He still have some opponents in his division that he haven't fought yet, so while waiting for Ward to move up, the Stevenson fight needs to happen

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                Stevenson may have the tools physically to beat Kov, but mentally he is terrified. . . I'd have to go with Kov in that one. (Doubtful they'll ever meet)
                Stevenson might be quicker, but we saw last night how good Kov's timing is, and his ability to control range

Besides, I haven't seen Ward make it to the ring himself

There you go, this pretty much sums it up. I think Stevenson is terrified of kovalev. After last night, he'd going go keep ducking

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  All they need to do is pony up the money for Stevenson and it's a done deal. Silly thing is it's going to cost more money now than it would've last year when both fighters wanted the fight.
                  Just like they ponied up the money for Quillin and Wilder?

Like I said to you in another thread, Stevenson is a Haymon NBC toy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Stevenson doesn't seem to have a whole lot of confidence in himself, but he has a rocket of a straight left and Kovalev isn't exactly iron chinned. The problem with Stevenson is that he doesn't really do anything else.

It's a fun fight because it could come down to who finds that big shot first. I'd go with Kovalev to beat him but it's the sort of fight that could end at any time.
                    I thought the top 3 at LHW had a rock-paper-scissors thing going on. I thought Kovalev beats Hopkins, Stevenson beats Kovalev, Hopkins beats Stevenson.

Not so sure anymore. It's funny to think that if Kovalev and Stevenson fight, it's Stevenson who will rely on the puncher's chance between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Kovalev isn't exactly iron chinned.
                      Based on what? Caparello stepping on his toe? Or was it last nights foot tangle and neck push! You're right he looked hurt in both. This is ridiculous. He's never been ko'd in the pros and I've never seen him hurt. Unreal.

Comment

Working...
                      X