Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs George Groves IBF SMW Title & Undercards Prediction Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    But the referee in Ward/Rodriguez fight was a disgrace right?
    Are we talking about the stoppage or the referee? I didn't think the referee was great tonight, but the stoppage was good.

Comment

• This reminds me a bit of Jones - Griffins.

That being the first is controversial and the rematch will probably end with a quick Ko.

Groves does actually remind me of a really **** Roy Jones.

Comment

• Someone post a video or something for those of us who missed it please

Comment

• I do think the only person who was hard done by in the end was Froch. Instead of everyone talking about Froch's ability to come back from an impossible situation all the talk is now about how the ref cheated Groves.

Groves might beat him in the rematch as he showed he's got better technique/speed, but in terms of this fight he was done and yet he still came out of it with his head held high because of the ref.

Comment

• That was a carbon copy of Taylor-Froch, the ref just denied the clear cut finish.

Comment

• Down heavily in the first and getting outboxed and only got stronger & was putting a beatdown on Groves.

Froch is a ****ing warrior and hes getting **** for the referees call when he was on the verge of stopping the b4stard anyway?

Groves own fault for turning his back & slumping and not intelligently defending himself.

Comment

• Felt sorry for Groves after the fight even though Froch had him in big trouble.

But in the interviews and Groves breaking down live on TV.. why did Froch not ask him: "You gonna cry George?"

Comment

• Here's the GIF. Froch landed a couple of decent punches during that sequence, but nothing to suggest that Groves couldn't survive the next minute or land a heavy counter shot what he has success with all night.

Comment

• Not gonna argue that Groves was winning. Not gonna argue that Froch was looking like a stoppage winner.

I wanna point out that Jim Watts commentary was appaling. Gave Froch no crddit for the good work that he did. It was all Groves Groves Groves

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by BetterCallSaul View Post
                      Here's the GIF. Froch landed a couple of decent punches during that sequence, but nothing to suggest that Groves couldn't survive the next minute or land a heavy counter shot what he has success with all night.

You need the other angle, he lands a flush combo on a wide open Groves.

Originally posted by themadworldofjb View Post
                      Not gonna argue that Groves was winning. Not gonna argue that Froch was looking like a stoppage winner.

I wanna point out that Jim Watts commentary was appaling. Gave Froch no crddit for the good work that he did. It was all Groves Groves Groves
                      Well said, I think it has left many with a false impression of the fight. Jim gets way too over-excited, he did the same in Burns-Beltran.

Comment

Working...
                      X