So if GGG moved to 168, Who Beats Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
    Dude can you stop trolling for one day?
    Dude can you stop living in a fantasy land lol, DeGale jab anyone to death you haven't watched DeGales last few fights have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Dude can you stop living in a fantasy land lol, DeGale jab anyone to death you haven't watched DeGales last few fights have you?
      Decent performances by him,you are the guy who said that RJJ is a bum and GGG would spark him and Toney plz.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        Decent performances by him,you are the guy who said that RJJ is a bum and GGG would spark him and Toney plz.
        I said Roy Jones Jr has a glass jaw that was never tested until late on his career which is 100% the truth.
        Decent performances... lmfao, you clearly weren't watching.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
          Andre Direll beats him. The same Andre Direll that beat him in the Amateurs arguablely twice. This is an easliy sellable fight since they split the two times the fought in the ams. Direll says GGG doesn't hit any harder than any other SMW's he's faced. In fact he said GGG's punching power is nothing special.
          I think Chunky beats him but I'm not totally sold on Jack beating him. I give GGG the nod over Ramirez. Actually I think Ramirez is easy work for GGG.
          Arguably? On what grounds would you make that argument? Dre lost fairly wide in the Olympics and on home soil won by only a single point. I can't give my take on the US / KAZ matchup cos I ain't seen it, but there's more room for doubt in a single PT victory on Dre's turf, surely. Just cos Dre thinks he won both times doesn't mean you have to believe him. And Dre's faded fairly badly since the Abraham thing and IMO never really made a good transition to the pros anyway.

The above isn't to say Dre wouldn't beat GGG, BTW, though I don't think he would, merely questioning the grounds on which you seem to have made the call.

Chunky and Jack would both be better fights IMO, though Degales habit of taking about half the fight off would likely bite him on the ass. We recently saw him struggle against a much sloppier pressure guy than GGG in Porky Medina so I'm not sure Golovkin's a good mesh for him. Jack I'm not 100% sold on yet - the Edwards KO still looms large, though I think he's an improving fighter. He speed and athleticism could give GGG problems and he's a big guy. Good fight. Hell I like all three of these match-ups and Zurdo too.

Comment

Currently, no one.

Of froch, ward and kessler were still around then maybe those guys.

Degale would probably be the only test for GGG at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              I said Roy Jones Jr has a glass jaw that was never tested until late on his career which is 100% the truth.
              Decent performances... lmfao, you clearly weren't watching.
              Ok lets GGG face top MWs before talking top SMW ,I dont agree about glass jaw ,in MW heavy handed Toney checked out jones Chin couple times with shots Roy didnt seen and never get rocked
              .And yea it werent bad Degeal performances.

Comment

The size disadvantage GGG would have would make most of these fights difficult. Any success he would have is down to his talent

I would much rather see GGG at 154 if he plans on moving division. I think he could make it

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  The size disadvantage GGG would have would make most of these fights difficult. Any success he would have is down to his talent

I would much rather see GGG at 154 if he plans on moving division. I think he could make it
                  Depends on what his diet is like right now he seems to make 160 very easily but If he can fill up to 185 on fight night whilst remaining at 168 sure why not size wise he maybe really shouldn't look to go much above 168 5ft10 he's not the tallest to do it different if he was taller he would carry the extra weight better.

Comment

I'd have no one at more than a 50% chance with him. Degale would be his biggest test..

Comment

Nobody beats him all the way to heavyweight and very few can take him at HW.

Comment

Working...
                      X