Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    Lets take a look at his last 10 fights

10. Jose Miguel Cotto - Career Lightweight
    9. Luciano Leonel Cuello - Who????????
    8. Carlos Baldomir - LOL
    7. Lovemore N'dou - Natural 140 pounder
    6. Mathew Hatton - LMAO
    5. Ryan Rhodes - Average win.
    4. Alfonso Gomez - Moved up from 147 to fight him.
    3. Kermit Cintron - Coming from two straights loses and was dominated by Molina the fight before.
    2. Shane Mosley - Dominated by Mayweather, strugke mightly with Mora and then got beat handly by Pacquiao. Also moved up to fight Alvarez.
    1. Joseito Lopez - Career 140 pounder moving up two weight classes to fight him.

How can anyone respect that?
    Ryan Rhodes is his best win on that list and pretty much the only fight I give him credit for since he won his title.
    Other than that, he defended against people under JMW and a Cintron who shouldn't have been anywhere near a title shot after that domination by Molina. Then again, instead of facing the Molina, face the guy he beat

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Of course you'd say this.

Anyways, Alvarez resume is crap. His only alright win was Rhodes, and looking back why was Rhodes in the Top 10 at the time???

If Alvarez wants to become legit, he needs to fight Bundrage for that IBF title in December, than fight the Trout-Cotto winner in May. That's what he NEEDS to do.
      Yeah that's what he needs to do. But you & I both know he's fighting Floyd next & you'll be there defending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Yeah that's what he needs to do. But you & I both know he's fighting Floyd next & you'll be there defending it.
        If Alvarez beats Cotto/Trout winner, him fighting Floyd is a big fight. If he only beats Bundrage, its an ehhh fight. If he doesn't do either, it's a crappy fight that Floyd will dominate.

But for some reason you always have to bring Floyd or Alvarez into a conversation that doesn't involve them. In this case, it was an Alvarez conversation that you dragged Floyd into of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          This issue has been addressed countless times.

In summary, HBO commentary was asking for Williams to retire before the Ishida fight. Williams didn't look to good in his last few fights. Granted it was a step up in competition, I still think he could've fought a Top 5 JMW. I think Williams was #6 or #7.

Then he tried to fight an injured Kirkland. Kirkland stated he was injured after the Molina fight and would need time to heal. Why didn't Team Canelo try to fight Kirkland after the Angulo fight when Kirkland was his mandatory instead of waiting until it was publicly known that the man is hurt to try to get a fight? That's transparent if you ask me. That's like guys in the club that are quiet when someone's in their face ready to fight, but as soon as someone breaks it up, they go crazy yelling "Hold me back, hold me back".

Lastly, let's do some simple arithmatic:

Not fighting Williams/injured Kirkland doesn't = Fight WW and JWW.

Not fighting Williams/injured Kirkland = Fight Lara, Trout, Vanes or wait for Kirkland to recover. Simple math here.

Not to mention, before all this unravelled, Canelo was fighting Mosley, Cintron, Hatton/Cotto's brother.

He deserves every bit of hate he's getting.
          In absolute agreement here.

Alvarez is a World Champion and has a handful of defences yet his best win is a past prime Ryan Rhodes.

He deserves the critiques he's getting.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Of course you'd say this.

Anyways, Alvarez resume is crap. His only alright win was Rhodes, and looking back why was Rhodes in the Top 10 at the time???

If Alvarez wants to become legit, he needs to fight Bundrage for that IBF title in December, than fight the Trout-Cotto winner in May. That's what he NEEDS to do.
            Ryan Rhodes was in the Top 5 at the time.

And in fairness to him, he'd gone through numerous mandatory fights to get his shot.

Comment

In summary, HBO commentary was asking for Williams to retire before the Ishida fight. Williams didn't look to good in his last few fights. Granted it was a step up in competition, I still think he could've fought a Top 5 JMW. I think Williams was #6 or #7.
              Styles make fights. Williams' style made him a more dangerous opponent for Canelo than any of the top 5 Jr middles. If you're really a boxing genius you won't try to deny it.

Then he tried to fight an injured Kirkland. Kirkland stated he was injured after the Molina fight and would need time to heal. Why didn't Team Canelo try to fight Kirkland after the Angulo fight when Kirkland was his mandatory instead of waiting until it was publicly known that the man is hurt to try to get a fight? That's transparent if you ask me. That's like guys in the club that are quiet when someone's in their face ready to fight, but as soon as someone breaks it up, they go crazy yelling "Hold me back, hold me back".
              Injuries do heal. Did Canelo try to fight Kirkland a few weeks after his last fight? No, he offered him to fight six month later, not knowing how bad the shoulder injury was and how long it would take to heal. Then Kirkand took the fight and later pulled out.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Ryan Rhodes was in the Top 5 at the time.

And in fairness to him, he'd gone through numerous mandatory fights to get his shot.
                He was #5 but he wasnt the 5th best JMW

He got to that position by not losing while everybody else did, kinda like Berto was the #2 WW after beating Hernandez simply because everybody at WW beat the **** outta eachother while berto avoid them

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  He was #5 but he wasnt the 5th best JMW

He got to that position by not losing while everybody else did, kinda like Berto was the #2 WW after beating Hernandez simply because everybody at WW beat the **** outta eachother while berto avoid them
                  Hahaha, just like how Aydin was #7 or whatever he was ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Hahaha, just like how Aydin was #7 or whatever he was ranked.
                    Basically but he was undefeated and beat Jo jo dan 2X. Way better then ryan rhodes

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Basically but he was undefeated and beat Jo jo dan 2X. Way better then ryan rhodes
                      His biggest wins were shrouded in doubt though.

Comment

Working...
                      X