Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is the bestest!

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
      Give credit to FLoyd ??!! damn you smoked good weed today, nobody will ever give Floyd any credit. You know whats the funniest part, before the fight I said that Floyd would tko Hatton, damn you should have seen the number of insults I've received... People were saying I was a total idiot. People forget how Hatton was seen as an invincible killer at that time. People always forget. And I give credit to Pacquiao for his win too, but in all honesty if you can't see that Hatton was done after his fight against Floyd you shouldn't watch boxing. Hatton cried two weeks after his fight against Floyd and didn't even watch de fight.
      I'm actually pretty high right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Team America View Post
        yea, but he was the second to do it. floyd had already shown the world it can be done. i also question how well hatton felt in his 30's going back down to junior welter. i know he was champ but he was buckled at 140 vs. lazcano in his next fight, but he did look good vs. an overmatched malignaggi.

Either way, I think both Floyd and Pac's wins over Hatton are top notch. Stay retired Ricky.
        lol and so anyone who does it again gets little credit? gtfoh. torrecampo KO'd pac, so he showed it can be done. why the hell any of the HOFers after that cant do it? and if ever they did, does it mean because torrecampo showed them how to do it?

i give floyd full credit. but you're just hatin if you say pac's KO mean little because floyd did it too.

Comment

he does,i would go along with saying Hatton was probably in the best shape of his life going into that fight and he gave his all but as soon as Floyd found his rythm they were a class apart,floyd could have chosen so many easier fights than the hatton one at that particular time.

Comment

He gets decent credit, he showed why he is a great fighter and Hatton is a good one. Credit gets docked for it being at 147 where Hatton's style simply doesn't work for him, but Floyd did what he was supposed to.

Comment

Yes, PBF did a good job on Hatton. Nevertheless it was a bit of a clinchfest. But proof of PBF could beat him in a telephone-booth.

Comment

Hatton wasn't and isn't a 147lb fighter, and Cortez made it even harder for him.

I give Floyd little credit for that win, if he won at 140lbs with a fair ref then he'd deserve all the credit but he wouldn't win.

Comment

Hatton at that point was on top of the world in his mind and thats all that matters. And Hatton aint even slow like people think he is. He is just a pure pressure fighter so his hand speed is all inside. Floyd did a dam masterful job in keeping his cool especially wit all those crazy ass fans.

Comment

What impressed me in particular is that he beat Hatton at his own game.

Not many people expected Floyd to beat Ricky on the inside, but that's exactly what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      He gets decent credit, he showed why he is a great fighter and Hatton is a good one. Credit gets docked for it being at 147 where Hatton's style simply doesn't work for him, but Floyd did what he was supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                      X