No announcement yet.

Rib Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rib Damage

Hi I was out on saturday, and on the way home this man comes up to me and hits me as hard as he could right below my heart, i was gonna smash his face in but he ran of before i could do anything, my chest around the area just below and just above my heart real hurts it hearts when i caughth and bend over i think it might be my ribs, i tried doing a light session on my heavy bag, i can through the right fine but i cant do left jabs cos it hurts to much.
    do you think i should go to the doctors and have it checked out or should i just rest for a couple of days before going back to some light traning.

Better have it checked out in case the ribs are broken, the heart is bruised, or the membrane on the heart damaged, etc. Lots of bad things could happen, or it could be just bruised.

Comment

Yeah, it doesnt hurt to get it checked out just in case. Thats pretty ****ed up what happend though.

Comment

sounds broken or bruised badly. IF it was broken really bad you would've gone to hospital right away so i guess its just really purple and blue. The heart should be okay, the problem is if you break a rib so ask a doctor.

He'll pooke around and see if you broke it and take some x-rays

Comment

Basically what happened was, i was out at a bar at the end of the night went to get a taxi home and this drunk idiot just come up to me and punch's me, then he ran of, by the time i knew what happened he was of.
          thanks for the advice i will go to the doctor and get it checked out, I don’t think its to serious the strange thing is there is no bruising where he hit me but it still hurts bad when i get up and down, it also hurts when i jump or stretch.

Comment

very weird story

Comment

Actually bruised ribs often hurt more than broken ones. Odd but true.

You should definitely have it checked out though.

Comment

yeh it is kind of wierd but when there's loads of drunk people in the area lots of stupied things happen. my sisters friend got stabbed in her arse in a bar near where i was, so as you can tell its a bit of a rough area.

Comment

Man that is terrible.Did you spit on his dog or something?

Comment

Working...
                  X