No announcement yet.

Double End bag replacing ropes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double End bag replacing ropes

I bought a cheap double end bag yesterday for 25$ and want to replace the rope and carabiner that came with it.

Do you know what Iīll need to buy in order to replace the carabiner and rope?

And also what is the exactly name of the things I gotta buy ( different names for different kind of ropes for example).

And how much do you think itīll cost in the hardware store?

Bungee cord or bungee rope

http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es1...FfMW0wodnUAMew

You can probably get them at a variety of places, definately not going to break the bank

Not sure about the Carabiner sorry!

Comment

At my local Ace/True Value hardware they have a cut-your-own bungee with different size chords and ends. Before that, I was just getting a bunch of bungees, finding the ones with tension that was close to correct, and tying knots in the bungee to get it tight enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        At my local Ace/True Value hardware they have a cut-your-own bungee with different size chords and ends. Before that, I was just getting a bunch of bungees, finding the ones with tension that was close to correct, and tying knots in the bungee to get it tight enough.
        Oh and also this one goes to all:
        I forgot to ask how strong the tension should be on the ropes?

Is it better to have a ball thats moves widely and chaotically ( Canelo Alvarez) or a ball that is very stiff and doesnt move that much( M. Pacquiao )

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
          Oh and also this one goes to all:
          I forgot to ask how strong the tension should be on the ropes?

Is it better to have a ball thats moves widely and chaotically ( Canelo Alvarez) or a ball that is very stiff and doesnt move that much( M. Pacquiao )
          Completely depends on what you like. I had one of my best double-end workouts ever lastnight and it was because I let the tension out a bit more than usual, to create about a 3.5" diameter in movement on the hardest hits. I don't understand why some do it to where it barely moves. I like to have it where it "punches back" and I will slip, block, etc. Case in point; jab, block with both arms (blocking a right hand), after you feel it hit your gloves throw a right in return and quickly slip/bob, etc. This trains me to anticipatethe counter and respond to it quickly.
          Double end bags are so incredibly overlooked, but you'll see that most pros use them, and for good reason.

Comment

Working...
          X