Protein Powder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Powder

hey everyone,
    I have been on Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard whey protein powder (strawberry) for around a month now. I usually take it only after I work out, which ends up being every tuesday, thursday, saturday. I use a full scoop as recommended with milk. I am wondering if it is benefical for me to take it every day, even if i dont work out? Or i was possibly thinking about working out lightly at my home (since i have a medicine ball and bench press etc..) 2 extra days and possibly taking it after those work outs totalling 5 a week. Just wondering what you guys think and anything else in general you know about whey protein powder would be appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.
    -Derek

i would give u my 2cents but when i used that protein powder creatine caca, i gained nothing, my metabolisim is still too much i guess......i say use it and if u dont notice a differance take more n more..

Comment

U shouldnt take whey protein with milk after training cause milk slows down the release of the protein and u need to feed ur muscle asap use water. Mix whey and milk before bed if u like. Yes i would take ur protein even on non training days cause u want yur body to stay in a anabolic state.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigga
        U shouldnt take whey protein with milk after training cause milk slows down the release of the protein and u need to feed ur muscle asap use water. Mix whey and milk before bed if u like. Yes i would take ur protein even on non training days cause u want yur body to stay in a anabolic state.
        thats bull****. you deserve bad karma for saying that!!.

if you use skimmed milk, its the same as water.

Comment

Originally posted by 2tough
          thats bull****. you deserve bad karma for saying that!!.

if you use skimmed milk, its the same as water.

Skimmed milk is not the same as water, milk takes hours to be broken down in the stomach so by mixing whey with milk it acts more like caesium protein which is slow releasing which is ideal before bed but not after training.....but u knew that didnt u.

Give me bad karma u ***** it will make u feel better

Comment

Originally posted by Zigga
            Skimmed milk is not the same as water, milk takes hours to be broken down in the stomach so by mixing whey with milk it acts more like caesium protein which is slow releasing which is ideal before bed but not after training.....but u knew that didnt u.

Give me bad karma u ***** it will make u feel better
            but skimmed milk(red top) is so thin, that the breaking down process is shorter than full fat milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Uppercut
              but skimmed milk(red top) i so thin, that the breaking down process is shorter than full fat milk.
              so i guess you and 2tough are correct..

Comment

so i guess you and 2tough are correct..

No hes totally incorrect

Comment

but skimmed milk(red top) is so thin, that the breaking down process is shorter than full fat milk.
                  I never mentioned full fat milk in comparison to skimmed we are talking about skimmed and water

Comment

I thought skimmed milk is light-blue top and full milk is red top.

Comment

Working...
                    X