Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone still rank Andre Ward in their p4p ranking.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P4P means all things being equal weight, height, reach, who would win. It has little to do with activity. Besides he beat Froch who is in 7-12 range on most peoples P4P lists with one hand. Pavlik dropped out/retired and Ward tore his shoulder. The reason there's no one left at 168 is because he cleaned out the division. He beats everyone not named Mayweather (P4P) and quite frankly you can make an argument he'd be all wrong for Mayweather's style. Now he faces the hottest young fighter in his division and he's going to do him like Cotto did Delvin.

Comment

He does have a history of injury, but when he does get in the ring, its against top shelf competition, which he DOMINATES. I remember a couple years back, when Ward was fighting top 168 pounders, one after the other. He deserved the number 3 spot behind Floyd and Pac, but all the media talked about was Martinez. Sergio couldn't lure anyone into the ring with him but facebook buddies and sparring partners for almost two years . So Ward will always have to fight for his respect.

Comment

Same reason we still ranked Floyd after his retirement, just becuz... In reality, he is one of the best fighters in the world

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Don't bank on it, he is gonna have his hands full with Rodriguez, dude is no slouch and the ring rust will definitely be obvious early on.

i've watched rodriguez since his fourth or fifth pro fight. i've seen him live several times.

ward is going to win every round.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
            I know who Ward beat but I also know Ward hasn't fought anyone in over a year nor did he have a fight schedule before a years time.

What's the point of having rules when people just ignore them to fit their agenda.

Ward hasn't fought in a year so no one should rank him until he does.
            Wtf do you mean nobody should rank him because he hasn't fought in a year, lmao...!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
              P4P means all things being equal weight, height, reach, who would win. It has little to do with activity. Besides he beat Froch who is in 7-12 range on most peoples P4P lists with one hand. Pavlik dropped out/retired and Ward tore his shoulder. The reason there's no one left at 168 is because he cleaned out the division. He beats everyone not named Mayweather (P4P) and quite frankly you can make an argument he'd be all wrong for Mayweather's style. Now he faces the hottest young fighter in his division and he's going to do him like Cotto did Delvin.

i agree with most of this post, but i don't think p4p means that guys all have equal reach, height, etc.

they're just shrunk or blown up, proportionately, to the same "size," and in boxing that means weight classes. guys can still use their height, reach, quickness, etc.

floyd would still have longer arms than ward, for example. floyd's reach isn't much less than ward's, but ward gets around 200 lbs in between fights. his arms might be longer than ward's as ward is going to have some of his reach taken up by his shoulders. if they were the same size floyd would have longer arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                fair enough,, but i would argue manny doesnt, ko'd by jmm, "beat" by bradley, should have lost the 3rd jmm fight, shane was over the hill,,,

I see your point,, Me personally, ward's inactivity is due to injury and lack of a quality opponents..... Rodriguez is a good opponent, undefeated youngster coming off his biggest win to date,, cant really complain about that
                He beat Bradley though who is Top 5 P4P now.

Like I said, the only fighter on my list who doesn't have a win over a top 5 guy in their division since 2011.

How are you going to rank a guy who doesn't have a legitimate win since 2011 in your Top 3 P4P? Doesn't make any sense.

Rodriguez isn't a good fight either it's decent at very best.

Comment

Working...
                X