Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin makes offer to Martin Murray for November 2 in the US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this fight, think Murray might present some problems for GGG, we'll see how he handles them. Then again, I thought Mack would be a tough fight for GGG and he just blew him out of the water.

Comment

Depending on Murray's punch resistance, this could be a decent test. He's a pretty strong guy, so will be interesting if he can push GGG back. If not, he will likely suffer a similar fate to Mack... I expect him to last longer though.

Comment

very good fight i was thinking murray would be the most likely alright, when he Knocks Murray out (some would argue the true lineal middleweight champ now) it will be another strong statement

Comment

Here's hoping that Murray is willing to step up.

Comment

Great, this is the exact thing I want to see from Team GGG, get people like Macklin, Murray etc in the ring and eliminate them so that the top names have no options to go to, this also increases his profile, not just telling us how no one wants to fight him. Yeah Felix Sturm might have ducked him as a mandatory but he is a champ now so he can offer fighters good payday especially with HBO backing him.

Comment

This is the one I wanted.

Murray>>>>>>>Macklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Great, this is the exact thing I want to see from Team GGG, get people like Macklin, Murray etc in the ring and eliminate them so that the top names have no options to go to, this also increases his profile, not just telling us how no one wants to fight him. Yeah Felix Sturm might have ducked him as a mandatory but he is a champ now so he can offer fighters good payday especially with HBO backing him.
                According to Hearn, both guys were previously offered fights and passed. Of course the reward is better now that HBO is all in on GGG, so some challengers will be willing where they weren't before. But for this to happen, it took a major change in management and philosophy at HBO. Without this, he'd still have trouble getting top guys to challenge for his belt, and you'd be saying he wasn't being ducked.

Comment

good asss fight right here

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                    Depending on Murray's punch resistance, this could be a decent test. He's a pretty strong guy, so will be interesting if he can push GGG back. If not, he will likely suffer a similar fate to Mack... I expect him to last longer though.
                    He's a big MW so his punch resistance should be better than Macklin's. His defence is better too, he keeps his hands up high like Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      Here's hoping that Murray is willing to step up.
                      Murray is no coward but I think he will definitely think twice.

He was in the studio for the Macklin fight and both him and Barker adknowledge the danger of fighting Golovkin.

I think he'll take the fight though.

The UK MW's can take these risks because if all else fails, they can fight each other for decent money.

Comment

Working...
                      X