No announcement yet.

Don't blame Berto, blame the media. He's always been a class act

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't blame Berto, blame the media. He's always been a class act

Just what I said in the Subject. Whenever Berto was asked how he compared to the elite of the division, he was always humble and always admitted he had a lot to learn.

He's never been c0cky or thought he was big schit. He's just been a regular down to earth guy.

The media hyped him as the next big thing and rightfully so because the potential was always there; he's just had chin and lack of power problems. But the explosiveness/speed/charisma was there.

I take my hat off to the fallen champ

He was saying easy work throughout fight week and disrespecting JSK

Comment

I agree with you. Berto is the black gatti. Blame Haymon and hbo for the hype. But the dude has fought his fn heart off in a number a fights. All those punches he's taken will show the effect later in his life and that's sad.

Comment

Class acts don't try to use PEDs

Comment

I think you can blame his management team. Getting him a championship without testing him. Not that he has been exposed as a "B" level fighter, his confidence is destroyed and it might be irreversable.

Comment

I don't like the way Berto fights. He is very strong and uses that strength to get fighters in a bear hug while he rests when he gets tired which is all the time. I am glad he is out of the title picture now. He wrestles and holds too much. He has never been humble that I have noticed. He often disrespects his opponents and called Ortiz a quitter and a coward going into their fight. If he is gone I won't miss him.

Comment

if he wasn't roiding he might've been stopped sooner

Comment

Didn't he accuse Ortiz of roiding after he lost to him? Then he gets busted juicing himself. Not very classy.

Comment

Berto has been something of a poster boy for floms who have attempted to elevate his ability so as to justify Floyd taking on poor opposition. Now they wanna say he's no good(something we all knew anyway). Funny times, bad times for floms.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Just what I said in the Subject. Whenever Berto was asked how he compared to the elite of the division, he was always humble and always admitted he had a lot to learn.

He's never been c0cky or thought he was big schit. He's just been a regular down to earth guy.

The media hyped him as the next big thing and rightfully so because the potential was always there; he's just had chin and lack of power problems. But the explosiveness/speed/charisma was there.

I take my hat off to the fallen champ
                    And by media you mean Haymon and HBO.

Comment

Working...
                    X