No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I don't know specifically, no. But I'll e-mail a few people and see what I can find out.
    From what I understand it was the Tyson-Holyfield fight in which Tyson requested the tests, which set a precedent, which is why I don't feel the argument against the OST in that is unprecedented is valid.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      From what I understand it was the Tyson-Holyfield fight in which Tyson requested the tests, which set a precedent, which is why I don't feel the argument against the OST in that is unprecedented is valid.

That isn't what you asked I don't think, but you're right, it isn't unprecedented. But it is highly unusual. I stand by my opinion that if you're going to test 1 fighter than all should be tested. In every other sport that uses OST, it is across the board. Why should boxing be different?

Comment

That isn't what you asked I don't think, but you're right, it isn't unprecedented. But it is highly unusual. I stand by my opinion that if you're going to test 1 fighter than all should be tested. In every other sport that uses OST, it is across the board. Why should boxing be different?
        I honestly think fighters demanding it helps, as shown by the Tyson example as he set the standard for today. The fairly recent review done by the commissions was an absolute sham and showed they weren't seriously interested in more effective drug testing.

Comment

I honestly think fighters demanding it helps, as shown by the Tyson example as he set the standard for today. The fairly recent review done by the commissions was an absolute sham and showed they weren't seriously interested in more effective drug testing.
          Tyson hasn't set a standard and neither has Floyd. If it was standard my friend than people would be demanding it for more than the occasional high profile fight. If its going to be done than just do it the right way, thats all I hope for. If not, leave things the way they are. They've been working like this for a long time.

Comment

Tyson hasn't set a standard and neither has Floyd. If it was standard my friend than people would be demanding it for more than the occasional high profile fight. If its going to be done than just do it the right way, thats all I hope for. If not, leave things the way they are. They've been working like this for a long time.
            There was no testing at all before Tyson requested drug testing (same as the testing we have today), you don't think he influenced the implementation of it? I'm not claiming Floyd has set the standard as of right now, it would only become the standard if the commission implented it...

Comment

There was no testing at all before Tyson requested drug testing (same as the testing we have today), you don't think he influenced the implementation of it? I'm not claiming Floyd has set the standard as of right now, it would only become the standard if the commission implented it...
              I don't believe Tyson set a standard, no. Its been more than a dozen years since a fighter asked for it I (that I know about) so I'd respectfully disagree. Now if Floyd had gotten this thing off the ground the way he said he was going to...that would be setting a standard in my opinion.

Comment

• Hold the phone, you've got a thread purpose built so you don't have to run the gauntlet on NSB?

My god, it's so simple but brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  Hold the phone, you've got a thread purpose built so you don't have to run the gauntlet on NSB?

Welcome to the history section. We may not do the most business, but we're high quality!

Comment

• Think I'm about slow on hearing about this one but I've only just fount out Paul Williams is fighting Lara, thoughts ?, this is an excellent fight, cannot wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                      Hold the phone, you've got a thread purpose built so you don't have to run the gauntlet on NSB?

Perfect aint it! History section Rules

At times its slow but that can be good, u get a well thought out response in a while rather than looking through page after page of mindless crap to see if anyone has replied to u....

Comment

Working...
                      X