No announcement yet.

How long do you diet before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you diet before a fight?

What the thread says. I think too early and you are mentally overtrained. Too late and obviously you are drained. When I'm 10 pounds over I tend to start dieting around 4-5 weeks out. You guys?

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
    What the thread says. I think too early and you are mentally overtrained. Too late and obviously you are drained. When I'm 10 pounds over I tend to start dieting around 4-5 weeks out. You guys?
    I would love to see some suggestions about this thread from experienced members. In my opinion, it's as early as 2 months before the fight but not as late as 3 weeks before the fight since that will require you to cut more calories.

Ive been on a clean diet since June. I thought that maybe it would be easier for me to make weight for my first fight this coming November but as I have realized through experience, I was craving so bad for other food after 2 months. My weight when I started last June was 141, now I'm 125 and have 2 months left to get to my target, 118. I guess starting the diet depends on what your target weight is. In my case, I didn't want to cut calories in big chunks, so I started early. Hope this insight helped.

When's your fight and what's your target weight?

Comment

I don't diet, I don't cut weight, I don't do anything special leading up to a fight.
      I train hard year round, and eat right year round. I walk around in the physical shape I would need to be able to fight any day. The last days or weeks leading up to a fight, I just get myself mentally prepped.

I have never understood the mentality of cutting weight.
      I know why people do it. I just don't understand or agree with it (there are of course some exceptions).

Comment

I started a long time before my match so I don't have to cut weight dramatically in the last week. Maybe some water manipulation for the last pounds.

Comment

Before 2 weeks I try to keep my weight near my category (by eating clean and etc.), when there is 1 week left that's when I start to lose weight.

Comment

Frankly speaking I don't diet and try to take nutritive and balanced meal plans to meet my body requirements for physical activities.
            Last edited by Hanley; 10-05-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X