No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Voices His Support For David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Funny how boxing plays out sometimes. I remember when Price was a highly touted prospect (before the TT debacles) and Tyson Fury didn't want anything to do with him. It looked like Price was gonna be the better of the two fighters. It doesn't always turn out the way you think it will..
    I think the great thing about boxing is Price-Fury could be made and Price sparks Fury in 3. If they fought 10 times, Fury would win 9 of 'em. It is crazy at times reminiscing about certain fighters and their rise in ze sport.

I remember Fury's pro debut and early fights, he was so fuckin' bad. Had no concept at all of fighting at range and the guy is 6ft9, he'd smother his work and looked so raw. When he caught his own uppercut and losing to John McDermott in their first fight. He redeemed himself in the second but only because of his workrate. Now he's just dethroned Wlad Klitschko and is the man to beat at heavyweight. Wouldn't have seen that in a million years.

Comment

Price will make a return to the British public's attention when he fights Dereck Chisora, they're both with Sauerland too - surely this has to happen. I fancy Price to win that fight too then he gets scarified to Joshua or Fury.

Comment

Funny how boxing plays out sometimes. I remember when Price was a highly touted prospect (before the TT debacles) and Tyson Fury didn't want anything to do with him. It looked like Price was gonna be the better of the two fighters. It doesn't always turn out the way you think it will..
        I agree with this more than anything.Price definitely looked like he would go all the way.He seemed the more talented of the two and obviously looked better technically as well.

It wasn't until PF started training Tyson that you seen the talent that he really had.Without Peter's influence Tyson wouldn't be where he's at right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
          I agree with this more than anything.Price definitely looked like he would go all the way.He seemed the more talented of the two and obviously looked better technically as well.

It wasn't until PF started training Tyson that you seen the talent that he really had.Without Peter's influence Tyson wouldn't be where he's at right now.
          Fury really impressed me with his 're-dedication' to the sport. Maybe 3-4 ago he realized that he wouldn't make it to the top unless he took the sport seriously and focused on his conditioning and his boxing skills. Also, Tyson Fury has had the best matchmaking of any HW that I've seen. He faced opponents that tested him and made him better but who were also not the most dangerous bunch. Him avoiding Price was probably a very smart move, looking back in hindsight.

Also to Fury's credit, he is mentally tough and has a good chin. He's been hit with some big shots, has been knocked down, but he always got up and was able to withstand the pressure. Something that David Price has never exhibited.

Comment

Fury really impressed me with his 're-dedication' to the sport. Maybe 3-4 ago he realized that he wouldn't make it to the top unless he took the sport seriously and focused on his conditioning and his boxing skills. Also, Tyson Fury has had the best matchmaking of any HW that I've seen. He faced opponents that tested him and made him better but who were also not the most dangerous bunch. Him avoiding Price was probably a very smart move, looking back in hindsight.

Also to Fury's credit, he is mentally tough and has a good chin. He's been hit with some big shots, has been knocked down, but he always got up and was able to withstand the pressure. Something that David Price has never exhibited.
            Yes absolutely.I don't think Tyson had really much choice but to rededicate himself.Peter wouldn't accept anything less than 1000% commitment.If Tyson didn't rededicate himself the way he has he would of struggled with the training that Peter dishes out.

Plus add to the fact that his father had just been imprisoned,he's done very well to turn his whole career around completely.

Comment

pricey should take beta blockers, they would help his him heart and give him some defence........loooool

on a side note i wonder if thomsons wife can now sue and get her hip fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                Price is done. And i dont think the cheI ating had any effect on him loosing these fights to be honest.
                I feel the same...I'd like it to be wrong, but Id be surprised if I am

Comment

Originally posted by SP4RTICUS View Post
                  pricey should take beta blockers, they would help his him heart and give him some defence........loooool

The funniest boxing-related quote I have ever seen...have a terrific New Year my friend and to all fans everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by SP4RTICUS View Post

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post
                    The funniest boxing-related quote I have ever seen...have a terrific New Year my friend and to all fans everywhere
                    It hit my funny bone!

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                      Lol.I liked it when Fury offered Price the services of his uncle haha.Classy move Tyson.
                      Who should he go with - Booth? Irony aside, Peter Fury would be an excellent choice. He trained a guy - whom many considered a fringe contender - who just beat the dominant HW of our generation.

Comment

Working...
                      X