Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO of my Nephew sparring (13 years young)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terriblegabe View Post

Thank you for sharing the youtube video theauthority

I know you guys mentioned not to help him with technique, what if i start going to boxing class for the adults more often. Do you think it will be ok to teach him everything i learn from their. I have gone a few times, I'm going to start working 4 Am to 12:30 PM so Ill be about to go to the classes more often.
    Of course you can try and help him with technique. What harm can it do? Yes, you are no expert, but you can emphasise the basics / most important aspects i.e. keeping the chin tucked in, rotation, staying on balance, bringing the hands back to the head, hitting with the knuckle part of the glove, keeping hooks short, keeping a solid base etc.

Watch one of those videos a few times and really make sure you understand what the coach is trying to get across. Practice it yourself and try and get a feel for the technique. Then practice a few things with the young un.

Good luck.

Comment

A lot of people say take him to a proper trainer but sadly, there are a lot of terrible boxing coaches around. Some will teach you nothing but hands up, straight one two.

Comment

Working...
      X