Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be wise for Cotto to have a rematch with Tony?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boricua6 View Post
    I disagree to a certain extent. He didn't employ the best fight strategy - he never touched Margarito to the body (which 100% of analysts knew was his key to a victory), and you have to tie up and box in the middle of the ring. I'm not saying this would change the outcome - but Cotto fell into the notion of trying to bust Tony's chin up and neglected much everything else. Tony is too tall, too strong - I agree with that.
    100% of analysts didn't say that. It would be foolish to go for body shots against Margarito.

First off, Cotto is 4 inches shorter, in order to land body shots, he needs to get inside and drop his hands to land punches inside, exposing his chin even more to Margarito's uppercuts.

There's nothing Cotto did wrong, as a matter of fact he fought superbly in the first 6 rounds, making very few if any mistakes. He also did what everyone on here is saying he didn't do, tie up and come forward.

When he did tie up, Marg punished him more before and after the clinch. When Cotto came forward he was manhandled by Marg's strength and power.

This was Chavez vs Taylor all over again and if they do rematch Marg will KO him in under 8.

Comment

its easy to gass out

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      cotto didn't take a beating. he gassed.
      he got his nose broken and his mouth busted i am sure he was having problems breathing,I believe that is what made the difference in the fight,not to take anything away from margarito

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        margarito is slow and plodding... the reason he got the tko is because cotto gassed.
        so those 237 power punches margo landed had nothing to do with all the blood on cotto's face.love is blind huh? cotto took the beating of his life last night point blank period...or in the words of viva mexico plain and basic common sense!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ericsantos View Post
          he got his nose broken and his mouth busted i am sure he was having problems breathing,I believe that is what made the difference in the fight,not to take anything away from margarito
          didnt margo's punches break his nose and bust his mouth up?

Comment

Who knows, maybe Margarito will never be the same also. I don't think Cotto could ever beat that Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
              I mean that type of beating can ruin a fighter. Hell if he isnt ruined already. I think a rematch will officially ruin him, win lose or draw!
              I wouldn't, at least not an immediate rematch, perhaps sometime next year, it all depends on where Margarito goes next from here, he's got a lot of options now.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                100% of analysts didn't say that. It would be foolish to go for body shots against Margarito.

First off, Cotto is 4 inches shorter, in order to land body shots, he needs to get inside and drop his hands to land punches inside, exposing his chin even more to Margarito's uppercuts.

There's nothing Cotto did wrong, as a matter of fact he fought superbly in the first 6 rounds, making very few if any mistakes. He also did what everyone on here is saying he didn't do, tie up and come forward.

When he did tie up, Marg punished him more before and after the clinch. When Cotto came forward he was manhandled by Marg's strength and power.

This was Chavez vs Taylor all over again and if they do rematch Marg will KO him in under 8.
                Excellent post, people just can't seem to accept that, Cotto fought the perfect fight for whatever lasted against a guy like Margarito. He knew powerwise Margarito held the advantage, trading on the inside would of resulted on an earlier stoppage in favor of Tony. Cotto blocks well when he throws upstairs, but when he goes to the body he lunges and brings down his guard all the time. It was just not possible for him to last 12 rounds of such brutal beating, I predicted this **** months ago as well as the unbiased fans.

Comment

Working...
                X