Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Walker or Nelson Mandela?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Walker. Running Scared was a hell of a movie, if you have never seen it.

Mandela was obviously more important to humanity, but I can't say I ever really cared for anything he did.

When anyone dies it's sad, but that's life, and I would be lying if I said I cared about Mandelas death more then Walkers.

Comment

Don't feed the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Is it wrong that neither death bothers me at all?
        if someone from planet george died then you would care... :guns:

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
          Whose death should we care about more?
          I'm going to be optimistic and assume you are both joking, and have some persona to maintain like half of these "lounge regulars", considering no one intelligent and mentally healthy would ask such a question, even in jest. It's both disrespectful and irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by altparm View Post
            Let's put it a different way.

A retired black man or the face of the greatest franchise ever?
            George Lucus ?

Is this one of those "who wud joo take to the olive garden?" threads?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              I'm going to be optimistic and assume you are both joking, and have some persona to maintain like half of these "lounge regulars", considering no one intelligent and mentally healthy would ask such a question, even in jest. It's both disrespectful and irresponsible.
              While Mandela obviously did greater things, would you not say that no life is more valuable than another?

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                While Mandela obviously did greater things, would you not say that no life is more valuable than another?
                No, I wouldn't. I did multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of others and other ideologies, I would argue that there are countless leaders and figures, and even common people who are not only better people, but can contribute more in their life, and can make changes happen, or inspire people and or keep ideas alive.

I would argue that their lives are infinitely more valuable, and I can say that with a smile, to me, being at the other spectrum is honor that cannot be bought.

I have always believed one statement, which I consider myself the author of. "We are all created equal, yet we are not equal in life, or death."

Where we go and who we become after birth, is on us, and our environment. Life never is, or will be fair.

Comment

I'd argue in recent years Paul Walker had a greater impact. He reinvigorated a franchise and was very active in charities. Mandela kinda faded away.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    No, I wouldn't. I did multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of others and other ideologies, I would argue that there are countless leaders and figures, and even common people who are not only better people, but can contribute more in their life, and can make changes happen, or inspire people and or keep ideas alive.

I would argue that their lives are infinitely more valuable, and I can say that with a smile, to me, being at the other spectrum is honor that cannot be bought.

I have always believed one statement, which I consider myself the author of. "We are all created equal, yet we are not equal in life, or death."

Where we go and who we become after birth, is on us, and our environment. Life never is, or will be fair.
                    I think we remain equal as we are completely shaped by our environment

Comment

Actually I care about the trade of Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers more than either death. But I appreciate the grief that others are feeling , cause I'm a feeling kind of guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X