• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Madagascar on the list?

Comment

• Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      looks like a couple of the guys Valero used to pad his record
      Leave it to a chinaman besmirch Valero cuz' he knows he would've owned packy..

Comment

• Originally posted by INSECT View Post
        Leave it to a chinaman besmirch Valero cuz' he knows he would've owned packy..

agreed.

when i saw valero ko that benihana chef first thing that popped in my mind was , "they gotta keep pac away from this beast."

Comment

• Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
          You, you, you, you, you... When did I ever say any of that? I was simply correcting your idiotic post.

The US is not moslty or largely responsible for Puerto Rico's success in boxing. The fighters are. PR is passionate about boxing and we're good at it.

Otherwise you would have seen more champions from Guam and the US Virgin Islands.

In fact by your theory any country with more economic success should be better than PR in boxing.

You don't need alot of money to have a good am program. Just look at Cuba. They have some of the world's best athlete's and one of the best am progrmas around and they're hurting economically.

Also no one US state has produced more champions than PR. That alone should prove that the US is not the main factor for PR's success in this sport.

Don't be mad at me because I had to point out how you haven't read a fucking book when you idiotically said that PR has the "whole economic backing" of the US.
          ouchhhhhhhh u owning that ***** bad all them just jealous they stay on our dicks they need to hop off already

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            agreed.

when i saw valero ko that benihana chef first thing that popped in my mind was , "they gotta keep pac away from this beast."
            I got it on Jrecknoning's good word that Valero sonned Pac in sparring and made him say no mas.

You gonna challenge Jreck?

I doubt it.

Comment

• Philippines or the Philippine Islands were American Commonwealth from 1900 - 1946, does this meant that the Filipino Champs at these times credited to the good ole' USA? (smile)

Comment

• Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                Well for the 1980 olyimpics the US boycotted the games and the head of the Puerto Rican Olyimpic comitee disagreed and wanted Puerto rico to compete. The US pulled all funding and PR could only send on Athlete to the games and he (alberto mercado) was the only American Citizen to compete in 1980 Olyimpic games.

So again who pays for their Amature sports programs?

that wasn't the question i ask you. the fact that you go out of your way to try and prove a point that holds little water to the general argument just shows how misinformed you are. you're just a hater. so as i said why would we need to stop sucking are dicks when we've got people like you who are always on our dicks?

you bring up the amateur program argument as if having an extensive amateur career equals great pro career (after all that's what the whole thread is about, CHAMPIONSHIPS) when it doesn't. tell me how the does having an amateur career automatically mean that your going to be a great pro when amateur boxing isn't pro boxing?

i shouldn't need to explain the difference between pro and AM to you so I'm not going to since apparently it will do nothing for your argument.

but if you're going to go off on a tangent about who funds what, as if puerto rico would me a ****ing ghost island without American aid, at least be smart enough to consider the fact that you have no idea how history would have turned out if the relationship between the US and PR was different.

you in your witchhunt, failed to consider the passion of the people for the sport.
                Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 09-22-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
                  You, you, you, you, you... When did I ever say any of that? I was simply correcting your idiotic post.

The US is not moslty or largely responsible for Puerto Rico's success in boxing. The fighters are. PR is passionate about boxing and we're good at it.

Otherwise you would have seen more champions from Guam and the US Virgin Islands.

In fact by your theory any country with more economic success should be better than PR in boxing.

You don't need alot of money to have a good am program. Just look at Cuba. They have some of the world's best athlete's and one of the best am progrmas around and they're hurting economically.

Also no one US state has produced more champions than PR. That alone should prove that the US is not the main factor for PR's success in this sport.

Don't be mad at me because I had to point out how you haven't read a fucking book when you idiotically said that PR has the "whole economic backing" of the US.
                  Cuba spends tons of money on their Amature program hell those guys are treated to all the best thing a person could hope to get in a communist country.

Guam is 3000 miles away from the US for fuk sake and the Virgin islands? Come the fuk on I already made it very clear who funds PR's boxing programs and the more you deny it the more foolish you look.

Comment

• so now the distance matters.

@ el protagonista

chacho! pero que envidia nos tienen!
                    Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ALPHAΩMEGA View Post
                      you bring up the amateur program argument as if having an extensive amateur career equals great pro career (after all that's what the whole thread is about, CHAMPIONSHIPS) when it doesn't. tell me how the does having an amateur career automatically mean that your going to be a great pro when amateur boxing isn't pro boxing?
                      Wow I just stopped reading when you just completely dismissed the relevence of amature boxing. Talk about knowing nothing about how amature programs have produced so many world champions over the years. Hell look at all the current champions in every division in boxing and the overwhelming majority of them are all products of a well oiled Amature programs.

Comment

Working...
                      X