No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Legacy-wise, it's Calzaghe and it's not close.
    Isn't it?

That seems to be the consensus of most writers and experts.

But if you really think about it, is Calzaghes resume that much better than Winky Wright's? Not really.

I don't rate Winky Wright that highly either I think he was a good fighter and an argubale HOF'er but in all honesty he is not that far behind Joe. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Isn't it?

That seems to be the consensus of most writers and experts.

But if you really think about it, is Calzaghes resume that much better than Winky Wright's? Not really.

I don't rate Winky Wright that highly either I think he was a good fighter and an argubale HOF'er but in all honesty he is not that far behind Joe. IMO.
      Yeah, I don't think it's very close at all. And that's not giving Joe props because I'm not his biggest fan. But come on, Mosley at 154 (where he was never that good) and Trinidad who had fought once in like five years? This isn't up for debate. Give me Kessler and B-Hop over those two any day of the week and Sunday.

Comment

Who did Winky beat again?
        Who did Joe beat????

Just compare comp.

Who's skills would you rather have...??????

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
          Who did Joe beat????

Just compare comp.

Who's skills would you rather have...??????
          See my above post.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it's very close at all. And that's not giving Joe props because I'm not his biggest fan. But come on, Mosley at 154 (where he was never that good) and Trinidad who had fought once in like five years? This isn't up for debate. Give me Kessler and B-Hop over those two any day of the week and Sunday.
            Shane and Tito > Old Hopkins and nobody Kessler

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
              Calzaghe

Undisputed SMW Champion. All belts in his possession.

Retired as legitimate LHW Champion. Jones > Tarver > Hopkins > Calzaghe

Undefeated.

Winky Wright

Famous for beating Mosley twice at 154 lb.
              (A weight Mosley has always performed poorly:
              Lost to Oscar, was even with Vargas before the eye stoppage,
              rubbish against Mayorga and Mora)

Drew against Jermain Taylor in his challenge for the Middleweight title.

Lost to Hopkins and outclassed by Paul Williams.

My Verdict: Calzaghe by landslide.

It's an insulting comparison.
              Terrible post. It's been said around this forum over and over; More important than whom is when.

Let's also remember... PWill holds a win over Lara, Funeka sported a draw despite putting a whooping on Guzman in their first fight..... Wright put a beating on Taylor with ease in what could be considered a hometown crowd, although officially, it was ruled a draw.

Calzaghe's resume has names on his resume. Wright's has names, but more importantly, substance.

Comment

Shane and Tito > Old Hopkins and nobody Kessler
                Come on, if you want to debate be serious. And LOL @ you calling Kessler a nobody while defending the epitome of a nobody. I'm more big on when over who so try a different argument.

Comment

See my above post.
                  You can't even bring yourself to say it

Must be a reason for that..

Comment

You can't even bring yourself to say it

Must be a reason for that..
                    Yeah, I already did.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it's very close at all. And that's not giving Joe props because I'm not his biggest fan. But come on, Mosley at 154 (where he was never that good) and Trinidad who had fought once in like five years? This isn't up for debate. Give me Kessler and B-Hop over those two any day of the week and Sunday
                      Mosley wasn't too great at 154, but he was the #1 at the weight when he fought him. And a prime Mosley twice is certainly better than beating Kessler IMO. Which other than Hopkins is by far his best win.

Keith Mullings and Bronco Mckart are just as good as his win over Jeff Lacy IMO.

What's left? Washed up, not had a legit win at 168 in years ChrisEubank? Wright's win over Trinidad is atleast equal to that.

Ontop of that, he deserved the Decision over Vargas, when he was #1 at the weight.

I'm not saying Winky Wright is greater. I'm not even a fan of him. I've been very critical of him for a long time now.

But, I can't see how it's really a clear thing. Thier resume's are not that far apart.

Comment

Working...
                      X