No announcement yet.

Mayweather double standards when he talks about Ward and Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    He got 1.5 million for fighting Cotto LOL. He would have gotten that for fighting GGG. He would have been the A-side and probably would have gotten more.
    Nobody cared about that fight really, remember Martinez was looking to retire and gg was barely known
    Even ask DiBella

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Nobody cared about that fight really, remember Martinez was looking to retire and gg was barely known
      Even ask DiBella
      Of course Dibella would say that. He was protecting his boy. HBO wanted that fight and were willing to pay for it too. Gotta love revisionist history.

Comment

Of course Dibella would say that. He was protecting his boy. HBO wanted that fight and were willing to pay for it too. Gotta love revisionist history.
        Martinez made a lot more than 1.5 he had a percentage on the ppv. And gg fought Stevens and Stevens only made like 400k but keep lying to yourself thinking gg presents career high money you dumb ****

Comment

Martinez made a lot more than 1.5 he had a percentage on the ppv. And gg fought Stevens and Stevens only made like 400k but keep lying to yourself thinking gg presents career high money you dumb ****
          Dude you are ******ed? Of course he was offered a percentage of the PPV gate with upscale, but I guarantee you the numbers were not high enough to get him an extra dime. He would have got at least 1.5 to fight GGG, as he would have been the A-side and GGG would have gotten the short money at the time. He thought he had it easier with Cotto, who still beat him up.

Comment

If Mayweather beats GGG I'd be impressed, see what I did there?
            I'm just like Floyd, I wont give him credit regardless

Comment

i don't agree with floyd whenhe says that golovkin needs ward. i also think it's not appropriate to ask golovkin to move to 168 if you don't htink it's appropriate to ask ward to move to 175. if you want to call that "a double standard," i think it's fine.

however, ward does have an actual tenure of beating top [what people on bscene call "elite" SMWs.] froch and kesser were the two best SMW on the planet not named andre during the SS, and ward completely shut them out.

Comment

Floyd is a good fighter but is really stupid so who cares what he says.

Ward getting Hugh praise for beating two B level fighters.

GGG beats two B level fighters and they're call bums.

Let each man do their thing and stop acting like Ward is being treated unfairly.

Comment

Even ask DiBella
                  Lou Dibella was scared for Martinez health when it came to GGG. Not saying GGG would have beat him but Lou didn't want to take that risk.

It has nothing to do with business and money. Lou just wasn't confident Martinez could win because I'm sure GGG would have taken the fight in Argentina when Martinez fought Murray.

Comment

Ward has already been tested and come through against world class opposition.

Golovkin hasn't. It's not about wanting him to be beat, it's about wanting him to be tested.

Lucky for him, the people around him have managed to manuver him away from Ward because they don't want him to lose or look bad.

Comment

Dude you are ******ed? Of course he was offered a percentage of the PPV gate with upscale, but I guarantee you the numbers were not high enough to get him an extra dime. He would have got at least 1.5 to fight GGG, as he would have been the A-side and GGG would have gotten the short money at the time. He thought he had it easier with Cotto, who still beat him up.
                      You think Martinez only got 1.5 mil out of a fight that generated over 17?

Comment

Working...
                      X