Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Rodriguez: Rules Issue Places Fight in Jeopardy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, please let Dwyer be involved with this somehow. I know he works with Ward and his last video claiming victory after losing in court while representing Ward was GOLD!!!! Gold Jerry, gold.

Comment

• The poor stupid Dominican thought he's smart with the money, but eventually he got screwed by everybody around...
      ... And the worst thing is that we'll get a crap of a fight this night... We'll never know if it's for real or it's a farce...

Comment

• I have mixed emotions about this.

On one hand:
        Rules are rules, if you follow them then you have nothing to worry or complain about. If he didnt comply with the rules then thats on him, he has to deal with the judgements that come down and that should make him more focused in the ring and he should take his frustrations out and settle the score there.

But on the other hand:
        C'mon man, Ward is already paid and hes getting the most money for this fight. This is the pinnacle for Rodriquez and hes about to lose half of his purse. Couple that with training camp expenses, food, travel, make sure the family is straight while your gone, etc.. and hes fighting for nothing.
        Have a little mercy man please, the title is already off the line and there's already a fee hes paying to you.

Comment

• They better fucking fight. I've waited too long to watch Ward fight to see it drop out the day of.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I just spelled it phonetically, that's not a word I actively use and I didn't bother to look it up (there were no racial undertones implied by me spelling it that way). I can see why you mentioned it but by nno means was it meant to suggest anything.

***I offer my apologies if anyone who read that post was offended, it wan't intentional***
            No need to apologize mate, anyone can see it wasn't intentional. We're all held hostage by political correctness in some way or other.

Comment

• I have mixed emotions about this.

On one hand:
              Rules are rules, if you follow them then you have nothing to worry or complain about. If he didnt comply with the rules then thats on him, he has to deal with the judgements that come down and that should make him more focused in the ring and he should take his frustrations out and settle the score there.

But on the other hand:
              C'mon man, Ward is already paid and hes getting the most money for this fight. This is the pinnacle for Rodriquez and hes about to lose half of his purse. Couple that with training camp expenses, food, travel, make sure the family is straight while your gone, etc.. and hes fighting for nothing.
              Have a little mercy man please, the title is already off the line and there's already a fee hes paying to you.
              I wonder if people would have the same sympathetic feelings towards Ward if he were the one facing penalties for coming in overweight? If Ward can make weight after coming off a layoff then Rodriguez has no excuses, seems like Rodriguez took this opportunity for granted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                God, please let Dwyer be involved with this somehow. I know he works with Ward and his last video claiming victory after losing in court while representing Ward was GOLD!!!! Gold Jerry, gold.
                I thought Dwyer said he is connected with Chad Dawson somehow?

Comment

See, I told you Ward was a bum and an overrated hype-job phoney. He was scared of Rodriguez and agreed to the compromise yesterday. Now he is trying to weasel his way out of the fight. Never fights out of his backyard, makes champions move down in weight to fight him, and has to have every single advantage imaginable.

Rodriguez came in over the limit....you guys reached an agreement already. You should have acted upon the rules yesterday....it goes to show that you didn't know the rules to begin with or you would not have agreed to a different compensatory amount.

The dude will likely be drained anyway because he didn't prepare properly, you are supposed to be P4P#2 or at least that's what the majority of people think, and you should be able to easily beat him any way. You are scared and trying to take the easy way out....phoney ass dude.

P4P fluke....5 decent fights over guys who already had losses..........guess he was too worried about facing a legit undefeated threat. Never even faced an undefeated guy above scrub level in your entire career.
                  Bumpity bump

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Funny how you left out that Rodriguez is only making 200k and is considered a tune up but Pacquaio's opponents were making upwards of 4 million bucks plus a cut of ppv's. Plus his opponents didn't come in overweight so we never did learn how he'd handle the situation and say f' it let's fight...but don't let you hatred for one man and your fandom of another affect all logical thought...I like Ward and have never critiqued him but this is bullshhh..two pounds on a tune up fight and the guy is already punished for being two pounds overweight..enough is enough.
                    I couldn't care less what Rodriguez is or was making.

Comment

See, I told you Ward was a bum and an overrated hype-job phoney. He was scared of Rodriguez and agreed to the compromise yesterday. Now he is trying to weasel his way out of the fight. Never fights out of his backyard, makes champions move down in weight to fight him, and has to have every single advantage imaginable.

Rodriguez came in over the limit....you guys reached an agreement already. You should have acted upon the rules yesterday....it goes to show that you didn't know the rules to begin with or you would not have agreed to a different compensatory amount.

The dude will likely be drained anyway because he didn't prepare properly, you are supposed to be P4P#2 or at least that's what the majority of people think, and you should be able to easily beat him any way. You are scared and trying to take the easy way out....phoney ass dude.

P4P fluke....5 decent fights over guys who already had losses..........guess he was too worried about facing a legit undefeated threat. Never even faced an undefeated guy above scrub level in your entire career.
                      Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      He isn't what you guys think he is man. The dude is afraid to fight the first undefeated challenger in his entire career and he doesn't want it. He was happy with 20% of Rodriguez purse yesterday and today it isn't good enough....how convenient?
                      Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      exactly, because Ward is trying to weasel his way out of it all together. Where were the "rules" at yesterday when Ward AGREED to 20%?
                      And now all of the sudden you are on here criticizing the win?

Comment

Working...
                      X