Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guarantee you that if pacquiao was born and raised in america.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
    i think most of you don't read the article very well.. or maybe you just didn't get on what that "writer" trying to say...

what he try to say is what if pacman (w/ 8 divisional titles, elected congressman) is born and raised in America.... needless to say, same boxer with the same accomplishments BUT, only difference is he's born and raised in America.... ergo: Pacman is American....

anyway, an American Pacman COULD do better in the ATG rankings from the BWAA compared to a Filipino Pacman... true story....
    I think you and the writer don't get the point that if Pac was American it would be damn near impossible for him to accomplish that.

I think what you and the writer fail to realize is that there are fighters who are not American that are considered greater than Pac right now.

Anyways you, Pasawayako, and the writer fail to realize that Pac is not the GOAT nor is he close to being one American or not.

Comment

On the contrary.

There are many ways to become popular in America. The reason the Phillipines adore Pacquiao so much is that they dont really have any other sports figures out there(Ive never heard of them anyway, so pardon me if Im wrong). So basically all their attention goes straight to Pacquiao.

all this mumbo jumbo about 8 weight classes is bull**** by the way...with all these stinking belts, nowadays just holding a strap is basically just holding one out of 4...actually five, because people count the 'lineal' title. actually more, because the WBA and WBC have started this amazingly stupid double champ thing.
      Its just a cheap publicity stunt. which belt is the 'legitimate' one? you simply cannot say all of them are, its ludicrous. belts nowadays are 1/5 or less of what they used to be.

In reality, although Pacquiao's record is no doubt impressive, hes actually only beaten about 10 top fighters. granted, he has some damn good wins: Sasakul, Ledwaba, Marquez(questionable), Cotto, Clottey and most of Barrera(his best win), but only beating 10 top opponents actually isnt that much.

Comment

Originally posted by serv View Post
        If he cleans up 140 and 147 including floyd, I am willing to give it a thought.
        Naw i think that if he beats floyd and martinez than he should be in the discussion no bull**** catch weights though. Add in the winner between the 140 pounders.

Comment

yea nowdays all it takes is fight a few weight drained damaged goods from top rank who can't pull the trigger anymore and vola ur the greatest

nice of "the greatest" to avoid floyd,jmm and martinez.

but "the greatest" is gonna fight floyds 3rd leftover in old mosley so i guess that deserves a standing ovation

and I wonder if paccy wrote a thank you letter to floyd for schooling the guy who smashed him twice and of course that was the reason for him moving up in weight to face shot damaged fighters from top rank.

Comment

I can't wait for a margarito vs pacquiao II welcome to top rank lol

Comment

remember one thing only the ones who don't follow boxing and don't understand the sneaky catch weight top rank movements will call him a great fighter.

in reality every fighter he faced was weight drained and came from a big loss and the reality is that he use to get smashed in his natural division and the reality is he said he was scared of needles ahahahhahahahhahaahhahahaah

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  I think you and the writer don't get the point that if Pac was American it would be damn near impossible for him to accomplish that.

I think what you and the writer fail to realize is that there are fighters who are not American that are considered greater than Pac right now.

Anyways you, Pasawayako, and the writer fail to realize that Pac is not the GOAT nor is he close to being one American or not.
                  I know u will never rank pac as the goat but it doesn't matter because u have your own opinion and the writer had his own and it just happen that i agree to him and some of u don't.

Comment

Originally posted by serv View Post
                    If he cleans up 140 and 147 including floyd, I am willing to give it a thought.
                    I can agree with that, its just funny that this writer has already made up his mind when Pac's career hasn't even ended yet, if this were the case than the writer must think Pac is GOAT by a fair mile from other fighters like Robinson and Ali which is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                      I can agree with that, its just funny that this writer has already made up his mind when Pac's career hasn't even ended yet, if this were the case than the writer must think Pac is GOAT by a fair mile from other fighters like Robinson and Ali which is laughable.
                      He writes for the examiner. I can't even call him a writer. If he was legit he would be in a more credible website.

examiner is nothing but BS articles with BS "writers"

Comment

Working...
                      X