Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran Vs Manny Pacquiao? Who has the better Resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Margs was a much bigger man, and was a solid win for manny,,, manny clearly won the first 2 jmm fights, and IMO jmm won the 3rd and obviously the 4th,, only a biased fan like yourself can think otherwise,,,

All revisionist history,,,, Morales was still a top guy and had beaten manny,,, looked bad vs raheem but that was more style than anything,,,, nobody stops morales and manny did it twice,, ask maidana, cano, diaz who shot morales was,,,,
    Coming back to stop a guy that was never stopped and had just beat up is a great accomplishment,,

To be fair i dont give manny much credit for the 3rd morales fight
    So now a win becomes outstanding if you're opponent is bigger than you??????? Nevermind that the guy hadn't won a notable fight in years. Nevermind that he was beaten senseless in his last notable fight. Nevermind that it was at an unnescesary catch weight for a vacant title. But because you were bigger, you were a credible opponent. I get it man. Just like beating a Morales coming off a loss looks great. Just like never, EVER being able to convincingly beat Marquez still counts as outstanding, I get it man. It's not a bias if it's the truth. You point to me where I lied here.

Comment

Come on, man. Duran is one of the 10 greatest fighters to step in a ring. His loss to Hagler was as impressive as any Pac win.

Comment

duran. the leonard win and his longevity tops it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRickman View Post
          Why is he not allowed to cite Marquez as an "outstanding" win?
          People pretend Marquez was robbed in every Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Duran's resume is insanity. Him moving UP to WW, and beating Leonard is still one of the greatest achievements in boxing history. I'm still surprised he did that, and that was nearly 3 decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              Duran's resume is insanity. Him moving UP to WW, and beating Leonard is still one of the greatest achievements in boxing history. I'm still surprised he did that, and that was nearly 3 decades ago.
              Has to be in the conversation of greatest win ever. Just might be the greatest win ever, especially in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                People pretend Marquez was robbed in every Pacquiao fight.
                You can unquestionably make a case for Juan winning any of the 1st 3, same can be said for Manny. It isn't unfathomable in the least.

Comment

Has to be in the conversation of greatest win ever. Just might be the greatest win ever, especially in hindsight.
                  I'd make it a top 1-5 candidate for singular GOAT achievement.

Ali's win over Foreman has to be in the conversation as well.

Comment

It probably is the greatest win ever considering he was moving up in weight to fight one of the greatest WW's of all time and Top 15-20 ATG in their prime.

I can't think of another single win that's as impressive as that.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                      You can unquestionably make a case for Juan winning any of the 1st 3, same can be said for Manny. It isn't unfathomable in the least.
                      A robbery means Pacquiao had no case and Marquez should have won them all. That's not true. Pac has a very good case for winning the first two fights, and I think the third fight as well, though enough people disagree about the third that I won't argue anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X