Unique ways to build stamina?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post

apparently this guy had crazy stamina
    I recently started training like this with a guy that teaches street fighting. I found it really tough at first but my conditioning improved really quickly. It is a lot better than doing roadwork for stamina,high tempo shorter bursts of intense activity improve your cardio way better than roadwork. Having someone making you do these types of excercises is important,doing them at high tempo not knowing what is coming next and shocking the system seems to be a big part of it.

Comment

There are infinite variations of exercises that you can do to increase your conditioning. It will just require you to do your workouts at a fast and explosive pace, push your self and always try to beat your last best effort.

Comment

UFC fighters fight 5 minute rounds. Part of which may be spent wrestling. I'd say you could learn a lot from them regarding conditioning.

Comment

Burpees and hill sprints, something like this.

Find a hill or some steps, sprint up and jog down followed by 20 burpees and repeat. Do this 10 times in total. Its a killer but it works.

Also mix up runs. Sometimes I'll run 10km at a jog, other times i'll do a 2/3km run at a fast pace.

Like someone else said, its about shocking the body once it gets used to training a particular way.

CHeck out Ross Training on youtube - mans an absolute machine!

Comment

Working...
          X