Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you Gents think of my gym space?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
    Thanks! I gotta make this work. This will be my very first gym and I'm sure will be a great vehicle to grow and expand in the future. I so earned this oppurnunity. I also think the space is Boss. We will see what happens. With what I have been through in my life nothing is impossible in regards to making this work.
    Absolutely, congrats man

Comment

i have been around a lot of businesses and posh, upscale is the membership we want than i dont have to base my income off fighters alone.
      Just saw this...and if I am interpreting you correctly, you're saying you want upscale members. I would agree that most upscale, higher income people aren't going to be fighters or very interested in competing. So what will be the draw?

That's why I asked if you plan to use the "Boxercise" model. I think you'd have good luck with that strategy considering your target market because they're all about a fun, but good workout. But if it catches on, you'd probably out grow that space very fast.

My $0.02 (assuming you go with the boxercise model) would be if cost is no real concern, I would look for a larger space, even if it's not as nice. If cost is an issue, I'd still look for a bigger space but cheaper. If you are just in love with the location, look of the gym etc. I would not commit to any long term obligations in terms of the lease etc. I would also already be scouting another, larger location assuming that I would be successful in marketing this gym and quickly outgrowing it.

But again, this depends on your strategy/model for the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
        Just saw this...and if I am interpreting you correctly, you're saying you want upscale members. I would agree that most upscale, higher income people aren't going to be fighters or very interested in competing. So what will be the draw?

That's why I asked if you plan to use the "Boxercise" model. I think you'd have good luck with that strategy considering your target market because they're all about a fun, but good workout. But if it catches on, you'd probably out grow that space very fast.

My $0.02 (assuming you go with the boxercise model) would be if cost is no real concern, I would look for a larger space, even if it's not as nice. If cost is an issue, I'd still look for a bigger space but cheaper. If you are just in love with the location, look of the gym etc. I would not commit to any long term obligations in terms of the lease etc. I would also already be scouting another, larger location assuming that I would be successful in marketing this gym and quickly outgrowing it.

But again, this depends on your strategy/model for the gym.
        I'm doing the same model as Gleasons' Wild Card and most gyms Im familiar with. Fighters will never pay your bills. However it's easier to train fighters when you have monthly memberships. Gleason's Gym does not use a boxercise model it's just a gym. A gym that fighters and non fighters trained at. It's really not that complicated.

My gym will be no different than gyms I'm familiar with from a business and competition stand point
        Church St
        The gym will be a boxing gym with different trainers, they will have their clients and fighters, I will have mine.

Instead of me having to travel when I'm needed for fight preps and seminars I will have that clientele come to me unless I need a paid holiday

The gym will not be AMSB. It will be called Nova. I will be the not be the selling point. The space and environment we will create will be.

When I am in Germany boxing is Classy. There is a ton of boxing in Germany but its class. It's boring when you go to fights(suits, upscale) but the gyms are classy.

You think posh you think snotty. I just think classy people Ladies and Gentleman. Europe is a little different. I'm gonna have an american style gym in terms of business model but with class, clean. I will represent and present boxing as an art not a macho man contest, the same way I teach. I guess 1 can say metaphorically I teach posh.

Comment

I'm doing the same model as Gleasons' Wild Card and most gyms Im familiar with. Fighters will never pay your bills. However it's easier to train fighters when you have monthly memberships. Gleason's Gym does not use a boxercise model it's just a gym. A gym that fighters and non fighters trained at. It's really not that complicated.

My gym will be no different than gyms I'm familiar with from a business and competition stand point

Church St

The gym will be a boxing gym with different trainers, they will have their clients and fighters, I will have mine.

Instead of me having to travel when I'm needed for fight preps and seminars I will have that clientele come to me unless I need a paid holiday

The gym will not be AMSB. It will be called Nova. I will be the not be the selling point. The space and environment we will create will be.

When I am in Germany boxing is Classy. There is a ton of boxing in Germany but its class. It's boring when you go to fights(suits, upscale) but the gyms are classy.

You think posh you think snotty. I just think classy people Ladies and Gentleman. Europe is a little different. I'm gonna have an american style gym in terms of business model but with class, clean. I will represent and present boxing as an art not a macho man contest, the same way I teach. I guess 1 can say metaphorically I teach posh.
          Got you...that makes sense. The space issue may not be that serious then. If you love it, go for it. It sounds like location may be more of a factor than space for what you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X