Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Chavez jr punishment too harsh compared to his peers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Chavez jr punishment too harsh compared to his peers?

Chavez jr just got hit with a 9month suspension and $900,000 fine.

Where other boxers have had worse offensive but with alot less punishment.

If chavez jr had a medical marijuana card, would this have been a non issue? and should he have been punished more severly then other boxers who have gotten caught with actual Physical Enhancements drugs in there system.

The weed didn't help his performance. $900,000,000 seems excessive, even for a repeat offense. What the substance is should matter. If it was getting popped for a diuretic twice or a steroid, I don't think I'd have such an issue with it. He'll learn though, I bet he doesn't do that again before a fight

Comment

No. He knew not to do it and chose to anyway. Don't do the crime if you can't accept the punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        The weed didn't help his performance. $900,000,000 seems excessive, even for a repeat offense. What the substance is should matter. If it was getting popped for a diuretic twice or a steroid, I don't think I'd have such an issue with it. He'll learn though, I bet he doesn't do that again before a fight
        He comes off like someone who wouldn't fucking care either way but his people will do what they have to, to keep him from doing it or cover it up next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          He comes off like someone who wouldn't fucking care either way but his people will do what they have to, to keep him from doing it or cover it up next time.
          I should say I bet he doesn't get CAUGHT again

Comment

Comment

It is absolutely ridiculous. Pot is slowly becoming legal and doesn't help a fighter one bit.

Comment

I think it's justifiable, considering it's the second time he's been caught out for a banned substance.

If this was the first time, it would be ridiculous.

They may well have thrown the book at him to prove a point though. Cash cows don't get special treatment (which is total bull**** really)

Comment

He's mos def a dumbass -- dude knew he was gonna get tested; why f**king risk it? Stupid. He almost deserves it for stupidity alone.

BUT...I mean come on. It's f**king weed. Damn near a mil and 9 months? Yes, the punishment was ridiculously severe IMO
                  Last edited by Mike D; 03-05-2013, 03:34 AM.

Comment

It seemed harsh to me but maybe the commish knew something we didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X