Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe's place in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In peak condition physically & mentally he would be a dangerous opponent for anyone ever!

Ray.

Comment

By CV- not so highly.

By h2h, he is top 20, maybe top 15 or better at peak. He was a superb fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        Ive always wondered why bowe always avoided the biggest punchers in the division such as Morrison,,,Ruddock,,lewis,,Bruno etc. holyfield was probably the best puncher he faced and even he wasn't a big knockout guy and golota was the only guy his size that had ability and we saw how that went ( even tho bowe was well past it). I have a hunch rock newman saw something in bowe's chin that worried him. he was known as being chinny in the ams
        His chin was never in question to me, which fights in the am showed he was chinny? The thing that Bowe didn't have was power that Lewis and Mike possessed, apart from the he was close to perfect. I've never seen a man so big so good on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Bowe is one of the shuolda coulda woulda kings.
          Just like mike. I think they knew each other as teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            His chin was never in question to me, which fights in the am showed he was chinny? The thing that Bowe didn't have was power that Lewis and Mike possessed, apart from the he was close to perfect. I've never seen a man so big so good on the inside.
            Yes....I never liked Bowe, thought at the time he was overrate but, he was a heck of an inside fighter and in this era that is a big deal. Bowe had those skills and he had enough reach to make him a hard man to exploite. Interesting point about his power, he certainly never had the power that Tyson did, probably not lewis either...but he measures up well when all his skills are compared when he was at the top of his game.

Comment

Working...
            X