No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pascal: My Eardrum Was Hurt, Vision Blurry vs. Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    U say that Kovalev wanted the extra rounds with someone as viable as Pascal and therefore tapered off a bit to make it go longer , but then u stated that he tried to execute Pascal in the 3rd ??? What a contradiction in terms ! Kovalev deserves a lot of credit for dismantling Pascal , but attempting to give him EXTRA on top of what he already deserves has u sounding foolish on here . The fight went 8 rounds for two reasons , 1) a bit of luck (round 3 ended before Kovalev could finish him) and 2) Pascals toughness ! So stop trying to take the only credit that Pascal deserves and hand that to Kovalev also u turd !
    It is actually just his opinion and you obviously don't have to agree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      It is actually just his opinion and you obviously don't have to agree with it.
      Every post on here is someone's opinion . Does that imply we should never comment on someone else's post ? If that were the case , this site would be pretty boring .

Comment

lol at people worried about Pascal not giving credit to Kovalev when Kovalev gave him no credit for his hardest pro fight so far and still said he had no heart. Guess what guys? They don't like each other. That's two people who have a beef, not one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
          I'm not saying Kovalev is not good and has no footwork. I regard Kovalev really, really high as fighter. To me he is a top 10 p4p and will reach top 5 pound for pound in my book with wins over Stevenson and Beterbiev. This guy is a beast and the best fighter from 160 lbs and up with Ward. He has the whole package and no weakness to me beside being too open for counterpunches at some time.

But you guys dont get my point, I was answering to a guy saying Kovalev would easily crush a shoulder roll defensive fighter like Floyd, which I totally dont agree with. People always have the misconception that you can beat the shoulder roll easily by being heavy handed, totally ignoring the fact that somebody with really fast feet and good counterpunching, and a LONGER reach that Kovalev could win many points against him. To me it would actually be what could cause Kovalev problems. No fighters can do it right now. Prime Jones was the last super/light heavy with the footwork and fast hands to cause that type of problems, but he's just an old shot bast*$rd now.
          I was the guy who you initially replied to, using a hate filled post. You're only getting part of the story. I said a big puncher, with a strong jab and control of distance would eat up a fighter who relies on the shoulder roll. It isn't about power, it's how it's used and Kovalev's style would decimate a shoulder roll reliant fighter.

Comment

Pascal has glass ears

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
              I was the guy who you initially replied to, using a hate filled post. You're only getting part of the story. I said a big puncher, with a strong jab and control of distance would eat up a fighter who relies on the shoulder roll. It isn't about power, it's how it's used and Kovalev's style would decimate a shoulder roll reliant fighter.
              I agree with that. But Floyd, in his prime, wasn't what I would call a shoulder roll reliant fighter. He used the shoulder roll, sure, but he did a lot of other things too, including controlling distance very well himself with great defensive footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Pascal has glass ears
                Nahh, Pascal finished on his feet so he isn't "luggy."

David Price is a classic example of a glass eared fighter. All you have to do is touch his lug 'oles and down he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                  This is a very wreckless post to say the least . If ur reading comprehension wasn't so substandard , you'd realize that what Pascal actually said was in quotations while the latter was journalistic inference/interpretation . Pascal said that the injuries were sustained in the 3rd round which means he's professing that these injuries were the results of Kovalev's punches . Had he said they were pre-fight injuries that then would have been an attempt to extract credit from Kovalev . Blurry vision is just one symptom of being concussed . He's confessing Kovalev fu.ked him up , but ur so quick to take someone to the woodshed , u completely missed it !
                  substandard or not, pascal got taxed and thats it. prefight, they were both healthy. after the fight, not so much. i would respect pascal more after the fight if he would of went the donaire route saying,"this got knocked the ****e out me" referring to walters right hand ko. But having substandard reading comprehension, i should just watch the fight with the tv on mute. So my opinion would not be swayed by journalistic inference/interpretation.
                  Last edited by BaDaBiNgVIP; 03-26-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    I agree with that. But Floyd, in his prime, wasn't what I would call a shoulder roll reliant fighter. He used the shoulder roll, sure, but he did a lot of other things too, including controlling distance very well himself with great defensive footwork.
                    Yeah, but I don't see that style giving Sugar Kovalev much issue. You have to have the style to push Kovalev back otherwise Kovalev will just have his way with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X