No announcement yet.

Shafikov-Vazquez II (Who wins?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King- View Post
    I just saw this on twitter.... I thought he was his mandatory?
    I don't think Shafikov is Vasquez's mandatory just yet. They showed the IBF rankings on ESPN and I noticed the #1 and #2 spot were vacant. Shafikov vs. Nugaev was an eliminator for the #2 spot. The same stuff happened to Farenas a few weeks ago. People thought he was mandatory challenger after his win and it turned out he wasn't. I'm not 100% sure though, you never know with these sanctioning bodies.

Comment

Vazquez recently signed with Haymon and I'm pretty sure Shafikov is with top rank. I'd favor Vazquez in a rematch, tonight performance was impressive but it Vazquez and Nugaev are completely different fighters. I thought Shafikov had a real chance of beating Vazquez and obviously I was wrong. Shafikov doesn't look nearly as comfortable chasing a guy like Vazquez around and idk if he be able to make the adjustment and cut the ring off.

A rematch seem a little more interesting considering how good Shafikov looked tonight but I'd rather see some other match ups at 135. I'd rather see Vazquez vs Crawford or Beltran, or Shafikov vs Crawford or the Figueroa Estrada winner.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Vasquez boxes his ears off again.
        I agree. The first fight wasn't even close.

Comment

Hugcuez' style is ugly as hell. Hard to beat that kind of spoiler unless you've got an equalizer.

Comment

Working...
          X