Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley vs Jessie Vargas will be for the WBO 147 belt. Who wins and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    Boxrec isn't showing this fight for the WBO
    It's vacant and Bradley has been removed from the IBF rankings, just google it; it's everywhere.

Comment

I voted Bradley on points since he rarely stops anybody. Bradley should easily win. He has already defeated better fighters than Vargas. Bradley can't punch much but he has good speed and boxing skills and a high work rate plus a good chin. These assets should enable him to beat Vargas.

Comment

Bradley by decision, but I don't think he'll look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          It's vacant and Bradley has been removed from the IBF rankings, just google it; it's everywhere.

Rankings are a joke nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
            Rankings are a joke nowadays.
            Yep.

Then you got various sanctioning bodies with multiple champions in one division.

The cable networks. The promoters.

Just too much bullshit and red tape anymore to get the best to fight the best anymore, a lot of the times.

As far as the thread starters question, Bradley.

Vargas isn't on that level.

Comment

I think vargas is gonna upset Bradley via razor thin, maybe controversial decision...

I think he is peaking as a fighter and Bradley is on the downhill

Plus arum will want an undefeated fighter, especially Latino, that he can feed to manny..

Comment

Its all on Bradley. I heard in a recent interview that he fights for the fans now and wants to exchange more instead of using his skills. With that stupid approach, its quite possible Vargas could steal a decision. But if the Bradley that fought Peterson and Marquez shows up, he will box circles around Vargas.

Comment

Bradley SHOULD outbox Vargas easily. Hopefully he unifies with Brook/Rios and then goes up to 154 for a final belt and retires.

Comment

I'll be pissed if Bradley loses this fight. And he'll be very easy to rob even if he wins wide.

This is Jesse Vargas. He's not bad, but Bradley should be better.

Comment

I say Vargas because Jessie is a lot younger and fresher than Tim. In addition, Bradley is showing some signs of wear and tear on his body and most importantly ring age. He is losing stamina in the second half of fights. I don't know if it was due from the Provodnikov bout where he had to use a lot of stamina, punches, rounds and footwork just to get back into the fight after falling behind early.

Or it could be a combination from a lack of conditioning and over training. However, in any case in his last previous bouts; His punch volume has noticeably decreased down the stretches of fights. If Diego Chaves can outwork Bradley in the later rounds of their fight to get a draw; Then I can just envision Vargas pulling off the upset victory by doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X