Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can Margarito be Afraid of Someone he's Already Fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
    oh look the gifted child is talking again

Compared to you, I'm ****ing brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by S¡N View Post
      Do you seriously think Margarito is going to turn down more than double the money to fight a guy he barely lost to? He's going to turn down double the money for a fight against someone he felt he already beat and that many observers at ringside felt he beat?

Margarito said that when he watched the fight tape, he knows he lost the fight. Have you heard him claiming victory since that night?

And don't act like Tony was happy to fight Pdub. He was not. He had to be FORCED to fight Tall Paul.

Comment

Not only has Margarito fought Williams, but at the time that he fought Williams it was considered an absolutely stupid move given the circumstances:

For one, Williams was an absolute nobody at the time. The biggest win of his career at that time was Walter Matthyse, which isn't something to brag about. Margarito was taking a ton of risk taking this fight.

Secondly, Margarito turned down an equal payday and a bigger fight with Cotto to fight Williams when he didn't have to. In retrospect, that was probably the stupidest thing he's ever done in his career. You think he's going to choose to fight a nobody like Williams over a superstar like Cotto if he's genuinely afraid of Williams? Please...

Finally, people keep bringing up this $4 million offer (which isn't really $4 million for Margarito). Margarito fought Williams for around $1.5 million, which is much less money. Do you seriously think Margarito is going to turn down more than double the money to fight a guy he barely lost to? He's going to turn down double the money for a fight against someone he felt he already beat and that many observers at ringside felt he beat?

To suggest that Margarito has fear of Williams, or any fighter for that matter, is just ridiculous...
        It doesnt mean he is literally scared of Paul but that he is scared of losing his belt. Beforehand he needed that belt to make money and it really still is the case, because without a belt many will still not fight him.

Comment

Maybe Marg understands the style matchup better than you do. After all, he has fought him before. Maybe he's afraid Williams will lay a beat down on his ass the next time around. I'm only speculating though, just like you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
            Margarito said that when he watched the fight tape, he knows he lost the fight. Have you heard him claiming victory since that night?

And don't act like Tony was happy to fight Pdub. He was not. He had to be FORCED to fight Tall Paul.
            How was he forced? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my life...

Comment

Secondly, Margarito turned down an equal payday and a bigger fight with Cotto to fight Williams when he didn't have to. In retrospect, that was probably the stupidest thing he's ever done in his career. ...

Correction....we have to keep uninformed suckaz like you informed about facts:

By Mark Vester

Arum has mentioned several opponents for Margarito's next fight, but Williams is not one them. The reason given by Arum is the bad blood with Williams' advisor, Al Haymon. Goossen told boxing scribe Tim Smith that he sent Arum an offer for the rematch last week and has yet to hear back from anyone in Top Rank. Margarito's purse for the first Williams bout is still the highest of his career, $1.6 million to $1.5 for what he made against Miguel Cotto

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...table&id=15237

Secondly, Margarito took the Williams bout because of public pressure for being a hypocrite and doing exactly what he accused Mayweather of doing. Not only that but he would have made more money fighting Williams as I pointed out above, so he had no excuse.

He clearly the lost the fight as Williams secured it by dominating the 12th and final round. Margarito has admitted to losing the fight saying that it was his fault for starting off slow. Now he is being offered another career high payday and all he is doing is talking about Delahoya - who is gonna fight Pacquiao and letting Bob Arum be his mouthpeace.

Margarito doesn't even have the courage to turn the fight down himself....he hasn't mentioned Williams since the Cotto fight.

Comment

He was forced because Paul was his mandatory and there was good money involved. Just neglect the fact that he went against his promoter to the point that he was named in the lawsuit that Arum filed NOT wanting him to fight Paul because that doesn't make Paul look as scary.

I do think Arum is scared of Paul Williams for any of his guys, but I think Margarito, Cotto and Clottey would all willingly fight him. He is nothing to fear, he is a good fighter who has a good shot against anybody at the welterweight level but he is no murdering puncher, that's for sure.

Comment

Public pressure, like writers and fans pointing out that he is being a hypocrite by doing exactly what he accused Mayweather of doing.

Like claiming to be the most feared welterweight in the division and then when a young up and coming guy who happened to be his mandatory called him out, he tried to turn him down.

In other words, his "most feared welter" reputation was on the line and he was cornered into taking the fight and LOST. And now he wants to have nothing to do with The Punisher.

Comment

People only accuse Tony of bein afraid cuz they're PBF or Cotto fans who want Tony discredited. The fight will happen.

Comment

Not only has Margarito fought Williams, but at the time that he fought Williams it was considered an absolutely stupid move given the circumstances:

For one, Williams was an absolute nobody at the time. The biggest win of his career at that time was Walter Matthyse, which isn't something to brag about. Margarito was taking a ton of risk taking this fight.

Secondly, Margarito turned down an equal payday and a bigger fight with Cotto to fight Williams when he didn't have to. In retrospect, that was probably the stupidest thing he's ever done in his career. You think he's going to choose to fight a nobody like Williams over a superstar like Cotto if he's genuinely afraid of Williams? Please...

Finally, people keep bringing up this $4 million offer (which isn't really $4 million for Margarito). Margarito fought Williams for around $1.5 million, which is much less money. Do you seriously think Margarito is going to turn down more than double the money to fight a guy he barely lost to? He's going to turn down double the money for a fight against someone he felt he already beat and that many observers at ringside felt he beat?

To suggest that Margarito has fear of Williams, or any fighter for that matter, is just ridiculous...
                      margarito fears williams. he knows he will lose to williams again.

Comment

Working...
                      X