Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch vs joe cal: Question for my friends from the other side of the world.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
    is froch being promoted by warren?? if so... do you think that have to do something with it??
    Im not sure who his promoter is, but I know its not Warren

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
      so, the majority of the fans & casual fans. .thinks that froch only wants a payday? not that he would really be a threat to joe cal????

is froch being promoted by warren?? if so... do you think that have to do something with it??

thanks all for answering! we dont get these type of info in the caribbean!
      Hes not with Warren,Hes with Mick Hennessey.
      Calzaghe would easily defeat him..even now.

Comment

Carl has been calling out Joe for years even when he was at British/European level.

Comment

As Dirk mentioned, Froch wanted the fight even when he was fairly inexperienced. Word is that Warren did discuss the fight taking place back then, but his demands were that, should Froch win, Warren would have control over his next 2-3 fights. As Froch's promoter said at the time, what promoter is going to sign a contract that would see them lose their best boxer should he win his next fight? I'm inclined to believe those reports as several others have made similar claims, most recently Matthew Hatton after negotiations for him to fight Kell Brook collapsed.

Anyway, a year or two later and Froch earned himself a mandatory position for the title that Calzaghe held. Joe wasn't interested and eventually vacated.

The whole time these events were taking place, Froch continually spoke to the media about wanting to fight Calzaghe and often insulted him.

Before one of his fights (in about 2007-2008) a TV company filmed Froch phoning Calzaghe to try to convince him to take the fight but Joe told him he wasn't interested due to there not being enough money on the table.

Comment

He could have fought Froch who until his fight with Taylor was largely unknown but chose to vacate to face the #1 light heavy in Vegas.
            Froch cant really complain.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
              He could have fought Froch who until his fight with Taylor was largely unknown but chose to vacate to face the #1 light heavy in Vegas.
              Froch cant really complain.
              Yep exactly. If Carl wins the tourney, he'd have a great case. But then Joe probably wouldnt be the same fighter if he came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Yep exactly. If Carl wins the tourney, he'd have a great case. But then Joe probably wouldnt be the same fighter if he came back.
                Yeah I doubt Joe comes back but if he did theres no way he could wait for the winner of the Super Six,By that time he will be out the game far too long.
                If he did come back it would have to be before the years out at the very latest,I wouldnt mind seeing Calzaghe/Bute in September 2010

Comment

Froch basically expected too much too soon. He was calling out Joe Calzaghe when he really had no right to demand that calibre of opponent, and when Joe understandably snubbed him Froch went into scorned female mode.

It's resulted in some pretty funny insults and back and forths but it was completely unrealistic of Froch to expect a Calzaghe fight considering the timeline and where each man was at in their respective careers.

I don't think too many people in general in Britain are aware of Froch and his anti-Calzaghe crusade but he seems to get a lot of support from the British boxing followers. I guess it's a regional thing as well though.

Comment

well froch was calling out calzaghe for years.he had only just won the british title and he was talking about taking on calzaghe
                    he didnt seem to understand that they were at completely different stages in their careers so a fight with Joe C was never going to happen as he had bigger fish to fry.he recently seemed to get over his obsession with calz though,he probably had counselling or something

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      As Dirk mentioned, Froch wanted the fight even when he was fairly inexperienced. Word is that Warren did discuss the fight taking place back then, but his demands were that, should Froch win, Warren would have control over his next 2-3 fights. As Froch's promoter said at the time, what promoter is going to sign a contract that would see them lose their best boxer should he win his next fight? I'm inclined to believe those reports as several others have made similar claims, most recently Matthew Hatton after negotiations for him to fight Kell Brook collapsed.

Anyway, a year or two later and Froch earned himself a mandatory position for the title that Calzaghe held. Joe wasn't interested and eventually vacated.

The whole time these events were taking place, Froch continually spoke to the media about wanting to fight Calzaghe and often insulted him.

Before one of his fights (in about 2007-2008) a TV company filmed Froch phoning Calzaghe to try to convince him to take the fight but Joe told him he wasn't interested due to there not being enough money on the table.
                      ^^^^ thanks bro!! very informative post

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                      Froch basically expected too much too soon. He was calling out Joe Calzaghe when he really had no right to demand that calibre of opponent, and when Joe understandably snubbed him Froch went into scorned female mode.

It's resulted in some pretty funny insults and back and forths but it was completely unrealistic of Froch to expect a Calzaghe fight considering the timeline and where each man was at in their respective careers.

I don't think too many people in general in Britain are aware of Froch and his anti-Calzaghe crusade but he seems to get a lot of support from the British boxing followers. I guess it's a regional thing as well though.

yeahh!! I got it now.. thanks you all.... I bet they eventually will set it out!!

I beleive that joe cal.. will be back.

Comment

Working...
                      X