Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Froch, Mack Face To Face - Promise Knockouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It feels strange to be looking forward to a fight where Froch is the Favourite! That hasn't happened very often in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Would be funny but there's simply no way Mack see's the final bell.
      Did you go to some sort of a school for mentally challenged gays? What's with your kind putting these damn apostrophes before every damn ending with the letter "s"?

On topic: Strange things have happened in boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        How much of an upset would a Mack victory be? NSB would implode.
        I had Mack winning on the cards against Cloud before the TKO. This could possibly be Froch-Taylor all over again, watered down. Meaning Mack could seem to to be up on the cards at the time where Froch stops him, which will most likely be well before the 12th round. He's lost all of his fights by TKO, I don't see this fight ending any differently. The guys chin just isn't world class but he's an okay boxer, he's as good as you can get for a non-top 10 fighter.

Comment

War Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
            Did you go to some sort of a school for mentally challenged gays? What's with your kind putting these damn apostrophes before every damn ending with the letter "s"?

On topic: Strange things have happened in boxing...
            No, I certainly did not.

Those didn't exist in my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
              Mack surprisingly has a decent chin, but his stamina are where his issues fall, and coming down to 168 certainly can't help matters given the fact Mack moved up to 175 because 168 was badly draining him. If Mack somehow doesn't struggle with the weight, and is in good shape, don't be surprised if hew makes this interesting for a few rounds, against Cloud some people had Mack ahead before he got caught with that left hook. Frochy does have to be careful of Mack's awkward looping overhand right, though. And his left hook. Mack dropped Librado Andrade hard with a left hook, and that was right after Kessler hit Andrade with everything he had and couldn't even faze Andrade, so Mack does have sneaky power.

After an awkward first 4 or 5 rounds where Froch is struggling to find his range, I expect to see him turn it up a notch in rounds 6 and 7, and by the 9th or 10th round, Froch should force a stoppage, and Mack will eek out a couple of rounds, but Carl will be leading on most peoples scorecards 77-75. I expect it to be surprisingly fun to watch for a few rounds as well.
              I would say his chin is a little worse than decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                Mack surprisingly has a decent chin, but his stamina are where his issues fall, and coming down to 168 certainly can't help matters given the fact Mack moved up to 175 because 168 was badly draining him. If Mack somehow doesn't struggle with the weight, and is in good shape, don't be surprised if hew makes this interesting for a few rounds, against Cloud some people had Mack ahead before he got caught with that left hook. Frochy does have to be careful of Mack's awkward looping overhand right, though. And his left hook. Mack dropped Librado Andrade hard with a left hook, and that was right after Kessler hit Andrade with everything he had and couldn't even faze Andrade, so Mack does have sneaky power.

After an awkward first 4 or 5 rounds where Froch is struggling to find his range, I expect to see him turn it up a notch in rounds 6 and 7, and by the 9th or 10th round, Froch should force a stoppage, and Mack will eek out a couple of rounds, but Carl will be leading on most peoples scorecards 77-75. I expect it to be surprisingly fun to watch for a few rounds as well.
                Lol I forgot this fight is at 168. Mack will lose worse than Dawson did to Ward. Coming down in weight like 7 pounds+Not having good stamina/chin+not even being a top 10 fighter+fighting a powerful SMW puncher=Froch putting on a show and ending it early. He has to. I mean he has everything going his way, every advantage.

This guy was getting knocked out at 175, where he actually belongs weight wise. I can't see his legs holding on after several flush right hands from Froch at 168.

Comment

Froch looks bored as hell......

Comment

Working...
                  X