No announcement yet.

Least deserved hype wagon - Leo Santa Cruz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
    ^^^^ this right here. He is a 3 division champion while not fighting the actual champions at each weight. He beats up on old faded smaller ex champs who are desperate for a paycheck and his title defenses were against his former sparring partners come on man please don't take his 3 division champion seriously haha. Also he hasn't fought a slick fighter and just fights guys that are tailor made for him. His dad is a joke thinks his son is some all time Mexican great.

122- ducked Rigo
    126- ducking Gary Russell

Now he's calling out Frampton to move up to from 122 to 126. What a Mexican warrior
    Frampton fought at 126 in his fight before Quigg, didn't he? And the Sky Sports broadcast wouldn't shut up about how much trouble he has making weight and how he needs to move up anyway.

Comment

He's hyped because he's an exciting fighter not the next Erik Morales. My only beef is claiming to be a "3 division world champion" but that's just the era of boxing we live in. When enough fighters start claiming to be multi-division champions it will water down the meaning anyways and people will care less.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        He needs to fight Gary Russell Jr. next.

There's no reason why that fight shouldn't happen. They're both with Haymon and both are champions. The fight should be easy to make.
        That would be a helluva fight!!

Comment

"I'll fight Rigondeaux....for 3 billion dollars!" -LSC

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Frampton fought at 126 in his fight before Quigg, didn't he? And the Sky Sports broadcast wouldn't shut up about how much trouble he has making weight and how he needs to move up anyway.
            Frampton hasn't fought at 126. His last fight in Texas was a IBF title defense against Alejandro Gonzalez, I think he will make the move up to 126 since there have been stories of him struggling with 122 and his punch resistance and fading late in fights could force him to go up. Late in the Quigg fight he didn't look well taking those punches. Santa Cruz's team and management are nothing but opportunists they fight fighters when the deck is heavy in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              That doesn't make Leo crap if that happens, though. Loma and Rigo both look like special fighters.

Santa Cruz is even money at least against anyone besides those two.
              Hes got a very good engine I'll give him that. Don't see much else.

Against someone like Rigo or Loma, his work date will drop.

Comment

Working...
              X