Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs: "Teddy Atlas betrayed me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he must have done something right...moorer 2 time world champion with atlas & povetkin has a paper trinket too but a title none the less...

Comment

Although during Moorer vs Foreman, Atlas got really angry at him and was sitting on Moorers stool at the end of one round, like "You want me to fight?" lol.

Comment

I knew something was seriously out of sync with Teddy after a Michael Grant fight and Teddy was talking to him like Grant stole a cookie from the cookie jar and was getting chastised for it.

Comment

Knowing Briggs's reputation though, those calls may have been to ensure that he was not out partying and doing everything else but training basically which is what he was known to do.

Comment

Teddy may be a head case, but I don't take anything Shannon Briggs says seriously.

Comment

Teddy is seriously unhinged. Look what LaLonde (you know, the guy Teddy went to shoot dead because he dropped him as a trainer) also said about him too.

The guy is an overrated trainer and an egomanic (see his in-between round work with Moorer and Povetkin) who thinks he's way smarter than he is.

That ****ed up game where he was arguing with Briggs before saying he was just testing him doesn't surprise me. He thinks he knows the psychology of fighters so well, and he probably rationaled that little game to himself. But come on, WTF is that supposed to achieve?

He's a wannabe Cus D'Amato.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                he must have done something right...moorer 2 time world champion with atlas & povetkin has a paper trinket too but a title none the less...
                Moorer, a former Olympic Gold medal winner, won just ONE title fight with Atlas, and then was KOed by George Foreman when crazy Teddy distracted him by screaming like a madman in his corner.

Chauncey Welliver said Teddy Atlas lied about Povetkin not sparring before Teddy went over to train him for the Chagaev. He said Povetkin had been sparring with him and several others, but Teddy assumed total control when he arrived and sent the sparring partners.

Teddy's fighters have mostly LOST when they stepped up to better competition. He has a terrible record as a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Moorer was all Manny Steward, and a better fighter under him to boot. They had their issues, but it's hard to see where he really added a thing to Moorer. He made himself famous for a bunch of nonsense in the corner.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                      LOL!! Great story. Atlas is a psycho douchebag lol.
                      Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Teddy is not all there....
                      Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Damn Atlas is a psychopath.
                      Quoted for truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X